Senior Customer Service Representative, Claims
Company: EquiTrust Life Insurance Company
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: November 17, 2022
The Senior Customer Service Representative, Claims coordinates
and processes claims from claim receipt and initiation through
payment, including processing and examination of annuity and
incontestable life claims and living benefit requests. This
individual will also handle escalated inquiries that are more
intricate, time-sensitive and complex and will assist in the
training of new team members. The Senior Customer Service
Representative, Death Claims works collaboratively with team
members, as well as independently, to accomplish their daily
responsibilities, with the ultimate goal of providing excellent
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs claims coordination, processing and examination of
annuity and life insurance claims and living benefits
- Processes claims from the point of claims receipt through claim
- Coordinates claim processing among 3rd party underwriting,
investigation teams, other departments (including Regulatory
Compliance and Actuarial) and other intermediaries.
- Coordinates and processes incontestable claims.
- Adheres to and understands state regulatory requirements for
administering annuity and life claims.
- Provides technical knowledge to the team and handles some
complex and escalated issues independently and/or with guidance
from the department supervisor/manager.
- Performs quality analysis and reviews on completed work
products of team members to ensure high quality customer service,
compliance with applicable regulations and consistent and accurate
application of procedures throughout the team.
- Identifies computer system deficiencies and works with
department manager in preparing requests for programming updates
- Participates in the testing of new enhancements to
administration systems and works with IT to correct any
- Performs continual analysis of workflows and procedures.
Proposes and supports projects that will advance the knowledge and
enhance work procedures of the department.
- Escalates issues to management and assist with solving issues
that are without procedures or precedent. Documents and revises
procedures as needed.
- Reviews and interprets all paperwork and exercises good
judgement and decision making for requesting exceptions. Follows
through with solid communication to other departments regarding
exceptions or changes in procedures.
- Trains new staff on EquiTrust's processes, procedures and state
- Leads by example and provides a positive influence within the
- Communicates both verbally and in writing with stakeholders
including agents, IMO's, claimants, beneficiaries and other
- Monitors and sends follow up letters on outstanding
- Coordinates and reviews records and documentation needed for
Accelerated Death benefits eligibility decisions.
- Assists with internal audit responses as requested my
- Supports Policy Administration team and other departments on an
as needed basis.
- Willingly takes on additional responsibilities as requested in
order to accomplish department and Company objectives.
- Actively participates and contributes to the goals and
objectives of the Company by working collaboratively and fostering
a positive and inclusive work environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good mathematical, analytical, organizational and
problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal
- Strong phone presence and skills in handling escalated calls
- Ability to prioritize workflows, establish and meet deadlines
and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a variety of situations and
respond to change in a positive manner.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate multiple
systems and programs including Microsoft Office, proprietary
systems and other technology solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, including a high
degree of professionalism.
- Ability to meet attendance and punctuality standards.
- Carries out responsibilities in a manner that is consistent
with EquiTrust's Core Values and focus on customer service; helps
to create an environment of openness and trust for all employees
and strives for continued professional skills development.
Training or Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of life insurance and/or annuity experience
- Minimum 1 year of claims processing experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - Required.
- Travel not required/likely.
Keywords: EquiTrust Life Insurance Company, West Des Moines , Senior Customer Service Representative, Claims, Sales , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!