Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Regulatory Relations
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 14, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Audit/Regulatory Relations Coordinator: Maintain the program within the Finance Control Executive organization which coordinates regulatory inquiries, examinations and internal audits and communications for Group-level supervisory activities, including regular communication with our internal audit team and federal regulators, particularly the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the Federal Reserve Board (FRB), to ensure regulatory and audit expectations are being met and consistency across the Group; Manage complex regulatory examination requests, including coordination of request items with multiple lines of business and functions, credible challenge to responding parties, coordination of all fieldwork activities such as meeting content, materials and examiner onsite logistics. Manage the regulatory and audit meetings for Finance CE organization, including coordination of agendas. Prepare Group-level regulatory and audit reporting to oversee the status of regulatory examinations and audits, the remediation of regulatory matters (Matters Requiring Attention (MRAs), securities issues, etc), audit issues, and informal regulatory interactions. Fulfill responsibilities consistent with the Group Regulatory Relations responsibility as outlined in the Wells Fargo Regulatory Relations Policy, effective December 2019, and consistent with the Regulatory Relations responsibilities as defined by the Policy. Coordinate with the Enterprise Regulatory Coordination team on regulatory requests managed by Wells Fargo Regulatory Relations (WFRR) or other Corporate Functions. Develop and maintain processes to ensure effective internal audit (WFAS) coordination, communication, issue remediation and scheduling for cross-functional Finance audit activities.
Location: Other Wells Fargo locations will be considered.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to foster effective partnerships
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills
- Leadership experience with ability to effectively manage and engage teams
- Experience developing operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Experience working at a federal bank regulatory agency or experience interacting with federal regulatory agencies managing regulatory examinations and continuous monitoring activities
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives enterprise-wide
- Experience with governance and oversight requirements for regulatory and risk reporting
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
DisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Regulatory Relations, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!