Compliance Consultant 4 - West Des Moines
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 12, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.Wholesale Bank Regulatory Compliance (WBRC) provides oversight and guidance to Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking lines of business and functions to soundly manage U.S. bank regulatory compliance risk, comply with applicable U.S. banking laws and regulations and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers in a responsible and compliant manner. WBRC provides compliance oversight for various Wholesale Banking business and activities including the Wholesale Commercial Real Estate businesses.Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate delivers a comprehensive platform of financing and banking products for experienced commercial real estate companies, including balance sheet lending, CMBS origination and distribution, loan servicing, agency financing for multifamily properties, and debt and equity capital for affordable housing. The primary coverage areas within the Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate function are:
- Real Estate Banking provides a full spectrum of banking and financial solutions to Commercial Real Estate customers
- Structured Real Estate provides CMBS originations, distribution, and servicing and mortgage finance products to Commercial Real Estate customers
- Commercial Mortgage Servicing provides master, Primary, and Special Servicing in the United States, as well as Government-Sponsored Enterprise and FHA/HUD servicing. It also offers third-party servicing, customized portfolio services, defeasance services, and treasury management
- Community Lending and Investment - primarily focuses on economic redevelopment and affordable housing development transactions. Transactions can be complex and may be in support the of bank s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) requirements.
- Multi-Family Capital - is a Fannie Mae Delegated Underwriter and Servicer (DUS) lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and a licensed Federal Housing Administration/Department of Housing and Urban Development (FHA/HUD) multifamily lender.This Compliance Consultant position supports the Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Compliance team within WBRC. The Compliance Consultant will implement key elements of the Compliance program, including compliance risk assessments, regulatory change management, initiative management, establishment and implementation of policies and standards, delivery of compliance training and awareness, compliance issue management, metrics and reporting.Specific Job Responsibilities:Administer maintenance and/or creation of requisite CRE regulatory compliance framework inclusive of but not limited to risk assessment, policy, procedure, training and reporting.
- Provide oversight to CRE risk programs and assist as assigned in closing gaps by either evaluating existing (or creating new) programs, policies, procedures and training.
- Participating in compliance related project, strategies, methodologies and analyses representing CRE.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of CRE policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls as they relate to regulatory compliance.
- Consult with CRE to develop corrective action plans and effectively manages change as relates to regulatory compliance matters.
- Identify training opportunities to include the design/coordination and development of the businesses compliance training materials, assignment audience, and completion monitoring of training.
- Report findings and develop business cases to influence senior management on the need for controls to mitigate risk.
- Manage and/or coordinate production of periodic compliance risk performance reports for senior management, including trend analysis and recommended strategies. Participate in Business Risk Management forum.
- Identify and escalate emerging risks to management and risk partners as appropriate. Collaborate with relevant lines of business, legal and risk partners to document concerns and propose solutions
- Maintain and foster strong relationships with product teams, Control partners, legal and other line of business to facilitate discussions and resolve issues
- Build and supervise a team of Compliance Consultants to assist in overseeing the day to day aspects of the CRE Compliance programLocations: Irving,TX; Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis. MN; Portland OR; San Antonio, TX OR St. Louis, MOPlease note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Leadership or management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven familiarity with bank regulatory experience and demonstrated experience in interpreting laws and regulations
- Proven experience in a Compliance oversight and/or governance role
- Extensive Wholesale Banking compliance experience
- Experience with the interpretation of laws, rulings and regulations impacting the CRE business and advise the business as appropriate, including (but not limited to) Reg B, Reg D, Reg Y, Reg GG, ADA, SCRA, AML/BSA, as well as OCC guidance
- Providing advice that protects the Bank s reputation and mitigates regulatory risk
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: attorney, attorney corporate, compliance department, compliance office, corporate, counsel, court, legal, legal affairs, legal departmentby Jobble
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Compliance Consultant 4 - West Des Moines, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!