Operational Risk Consultant 4 - PVSI Control, Analytics and Reporting
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 12, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.This individual contributor will be responsible for supporting efforts for a team within the Data Quality program within the PVSI business. This candidate will work on a small team responsible for ensuring that data quality processes are well controlled and data quality standards are applied appropriately within the PVSI business.This will provide business executives and members of PVSI management with assurance that the data being used to monitor and report on the risk and control environments is complete and accurate. The Data Quality team member will work closely with a large/matrixed team of risk professionals and work cross functionally with multiple support partners. The Data Quality function will work with the PVSI business to define data standards and validate the execution of those standards, review the quality of the data used in metrics reporting and maintain the automated reporting used by the control teams and driven by the Reporting / Data Analysis / Research team. The candidate will work closely with other senior leaders across PVSI and the company in the development and execution of company's strategies. Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company's risk management execution.This collaborative individual contributor must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while having ability to make timely and difficult decisions.Successful candidate will have ability to distill complex concepts into simplified/targeted solutions, communicate those concepts effectively and ensure that all deliverables are met. They will use both vision and analysis to identify business problems and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including PVSI Control Team Executive, PVSI Analytics and Reporting Officer, PVSI Business Unit (BU)-Aligned Control Teams, PVSI Risk-Aligned Control Teams, PVSI Business Management, Enterprise Data Governance Team, and Independent Risk Management.Specific Responsibilities:
- Support development and execution of data quality controls and validation
- Ensure metric and data quality consistency
- Establish and monitor automated data quality control reportingLocations: Charlotte NC, Phoenix AZ, Minneapolis MN and Des Moines, IA are preferred but will consider other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 6+ years of compliance experience
- 2+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- 2+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Knowledge and understanding of automated data quality program execution
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to recruit, retain, and grow high potential talent/teams
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in risk monitoring and reporting
- Experience building effective Risk/Control programs
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment
- Ability to lead and drive successful execution of business initiatives
- Working knowledge of PVSI relationships and transaction processes
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Consultant 4 - PVSI Control, Analytics and Reporting, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!