Operational Risk Consultant 5- Enterprise Information Security
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 7, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.Enterprise Information Security's (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo's infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.An Operational Risk Consultant is open within the Enterprise Information Security (EIS), Identity and Access Management (IAM) Governance & Oversight team to assist with a customer security sustainable governance practice within Enterprise Information Security - Enterprise Access Management (EAM). This position will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring risk-based programs to identify, assess and mitigate any operational and information security risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events, while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency. This role will help design, implement and maintain sustainable practices that provide customer security governance and oversight for IAM.--- Evaluates adequacy and effectiveness of customer security access management policies, procedures and processes, and internal controls.--- Recommend changes to processes for continuous improvement--- Direct content development for standardized reporting, control metrics and senior leadership briefings--- Work with business units and provide operational risk expertise and consulting for project and BAU activities--- May provide consultation on customer security governance issues--- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally to leadership
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of IAM (Identity and Access Management) experience
- 7+ years of process definition and documentation experience
- 7+ years of process design or improvement experience
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage in a matrixed organization environment
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology governance risk and compliance processes such as; policies, control standards, risk management concepts, or information security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Knowledge and understanding of information security principles, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, processes, and tools
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Experience conducting root cause analysis for data-driven process-related improvements
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
Other Desired Qualifications
--- 5+ years of customer security oversight and governance--- 3+ years of customer security experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Consultant 5- Enterprise Information Security, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!