Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Conduct Control Leader
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 7, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.Wells Fargo Finance organization plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results; manages the company's balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; leads corporate strategy; and oversees enterprise shared services (internal real estate, global services, program management, business process management, and operational resiliency). Enterprise Finance informs shareholders, regulators, taxing authorities and leaders of the company's financial performance through earnings releases, investor meetings and conferences, and meetings with regulators and credit rating agencies, following appropriate reporting guidelines.The Role
- Direct conduct risk-based programs across Finance and risk domains
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance for the implementation and effective execution of conduct risk programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risks within Finance and across risk domains
- Accountability for making sound control decisions supporting the Conduct Risk Appetite and all conduct related risk and compliance program requirements within Finance
- Drive front line conduct risk strategy; and establish, administer, and execute long-term goals for controlling conduct risk in accordance with Conduct Risk Management Program requirements
- Provide risk control expertise and issue resolution guidance for programs, projects and initiatives of significant conduct risk across Finance to ensure timely resolution
- Interact with senior leaders, operating committee, management committee, control function leaders and regulators to foster transparency and appropriate awareness of conduct-related control activities
- Ownership of conduct programs, business procedures, processes, and systems of internal controls for front line conduct management executing to ensure adequacy and effectiveness across Finance
- Evaluate key conduct risk and performance indicators to identify emerging trends within the Finance, across risk domains, and the industry
- Establish and maintain communication protocols to foster information sharing and collaboration with Conduct Management Office and other Independent Risk Management functions
- Promote a strong conduct risk culture and provides leadership through leaders and senior managers and their teamsLocations: 600 S 4th Street, Minneapolis, MN; 1 Home Campus, Des Moines; 2202 W Rose Garden Lane, Phoenix, AZ; 301 S College Street, Charlotte, NC; other footprint areas.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing control risk management organization in a matrixed environment, ensure proper staffing and expertise exists and can coach and enable others in risk management and risk ownership
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Deep technical understanding of specific business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions and where they manifest risk
- Ability to influence and interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2202 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Conduct Control Leader, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!