Construction Project Superintendent
Company: Woda Cooper Companies
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Construction Superintendent - Multi-Family Housing - Travel
Job Location: Johnston City, Iowa
Woda Cooper Companies is a 100% Employee-Owned Company!
Who We Are:
Woda Cooper Companies, Inc. and its affiliates are a rapidly
growing development, construction and property management
organization headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. We specialize in
providing quality affordable housing throughout the Midwest and
Central Atlantic regions. The construction division, Woda
Construction, Inc. (WCI), is a full-service construction company
that works alongside Development and Management to bring projects
to life, both on time and with superior craftsmanship. WCI
currently has over 30 projects in construction throughout 11
The purpose of this position is to supervise trades on site and
insure their compliance with plans, specs, and safety requirements.
The Superintendent must work hand in hand with the Project Manager
to complete on time and on budget projects.
What is Needed:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 years' experience in multi-family housing construction
- Position reports daily to the construction job site--reliable
transportation, valid driver's license, and insurance required.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for removing any obstacles that may hinder on
- To represent WCI in all actions onsite with the subcontractors
- Build and maintain project schedule
- Responsible to notify subcontractors early when their services
are required onsite.
- Responsible for notifying the office if obstacles to on-time
- Review all submittals with Project Engineer.
- Review plans for deficiencies and changes.
- Generate RFI's.
- Review owner contract with Project Manager
- Review and prepare subcontractors with Project Manager
- Approve subcontractor payments with Project Manager.
- Review and approve PCO's and pay applications with Project
- Responsible for owner satisfaction of the assigned
- Responsible review budget on a monthly basis as well as all
invoices approved, and the owner billing reviewed and
- Monitor trade compliance with project safety program
requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are
implemented and overall quality of their work being performed.
- Generate agenda and conduct weekly safety and progress meetings
with subcontractor's and foremen.
- Set up jobsite trailer, power and phones.
- Generate daily reports, look ahead schedule and weekly status
- Schedule and monitor city and special inspections
- Prepare as-builts and provide any city required reports to
obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Provide as-builts and any required reports to Project
Coordinator, along with job files, for project close out.
- Plan and supervise Assistant Construction Manager and/or trade
activities including: determining method of construction, manpower
levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources,
work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Support the WCI environment that fosters teamwork and customer
- Medical, dental and vision
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life
- 401K with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Gym Membership Reimbursements
- Cell Phone Discount
- Paid time off, including 8 paid holidays & 2 additional
If interested, please submit your resume for consideration.
Associated topics: construction, director, healthcare, manager,
project manager, public, public works, scheduler, superintendent,
Keywords: Woda Cooper Companies, West Des Moines , Construction Project Superintendent, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!