Full-Time Floor Technician
Company: Grand Living
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionAs a Floor Technician, you will be responsible
for enhancing the overall Resident experience through exceptional
comprehensive leadership and cleanliness of the community. The
impression, service, and cleanliness provided is crucial to the
reputation and success of the community. This is to be handled in
The Sterling Touch® friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and
professional manner, resulting in a very high level of Resident
satisfaction. Provides services to the community in efforts to
maintain the environment. This position is under the general
guidance of the Housekeeping Manager in accordance with Community's
standards, processes, procedures and practices
- Participate in Start Sterling! line up every day.
- Greet the Residents, guests and employees in a friendly and
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all Resident requests.
- Operate all flooring equipment and supplies.
- Strip, wax, and maintain all types of flooring surfaces.
- Follow operational and shift change procedures and tasks.
- Perform daily cleaning and deep cleaning of the community,
storage areas, and laundry areas as assigned and in accordance to
the standards and procedures of the community.
- Maintain the cleanliness, neatness, and organization of the
community spaces as well as all equipment.
- Check for equipment and items that are not operable and/or in
need of repair.
- Replenish all supplies and amenities in residences and common
spaces as needed.
- Collect trash and waste to transport to proper disposal
- Collect all recyclables and transport to proper recycle
- Complete reports and any other duties assigned.
- Establish and maintain high cleanliness and sanitation
standards in all apartments, public areas and heart of the
- Clean resident and common spaces which may include: dusting,
vacuuming, changing linens, assisting with laundry needs, cleaning
bathrooms, kitchen areas, lobby and common areas.
- Comply with all safety guidelines.
- Complete cleaning schedules for move-outs and prepare
apartments for move-ins.
- Move furniture to facilitate events and community needs. Pick
up ground litter around property.Education:
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred. Experience:
- Floor technician experience, required.
- Cleaning experience, required.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language
sufficiently to communicate with Residents, guests and fellow
employees; to explain and record Resident requests, comprehend work
requests, differentiate individual linen use and care, product
labels, Community communications.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms overhead to
perform cleaning tasks, and work in narrow and confined
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, crouch, bend, stoop,
reach, grasp, push, pull and work continuously without sitting for
extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 20 pounds and push or pull carts
weighing up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Grand Living, West Des Moines , Full-Time Floor Technician, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!