Mechanical Manufacturing Technician I
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 11, 2022
United States of America
HIA02: Engine Comp (TFT) - WDM 4th St 811 Fourth Street, West Des
Moines, IA, 50265 USA
Mechanical Manufacturing Technician is an entry level position with
no certification required. The purpose for an operator at this
level is to learn and train on the basic understandings of all
calibration specific operations. Mechanical Manufacturing
Technician is expected to have the basic level ability to prepare
and assemble components to develop final or sub-assemblies with
direct supervision by a certified calibrator (level II or above).
The operator will set up and operate production equipment to ensure
flow, spray angle, and quality of spray meets product
specifications and tolerance levels. The operator is expected to
follow established standard work under general supervision in
efforts to obtain certification within 120 days. The operator will
typically refer problems or deviations to more experienced
operators including Lead Technicians, supervisors or engineers.
* Learn how to set up and operate test stand to check nozzles,
spray bars, and valves for spray quality, angle and flow according
* Learn how to set up and operate lasermarker and printer according
to procedures and specifications.
* Learn how to record spray parameters by serial number. Learns how
to certify product conformance through test and records performance
results by serial number.
* May learn how to disassemble, repair, and assemble product
according to specifications.
* Accurately complete production documentation and performs
necessary labor transitions.
* Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards set by EHS,
Quality, and CI functions as set by your leader and position.
* Actively participate in the Continuous Improvement process as
well as safety related activities.
* May be required to work over 40 hours per week as scheduled to
meet business needs.
* All other duties as assigned including working extended
shifts/overtime as required by the business.
* Willingness to work nonstandard hours
* Some Holiday hours may be required based on business need
* Working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Must be a US Person.
* Manufacturing background preferred.
* Manual dexterity to perform tasks associated with assembly and
* Ability to learn how to read and understand prints.
* Basic computer proficiency (e-mail, print documents, internet)
and ability to learn how to operate a computer to access prints
and/or specified work instructions.
* Basic shop math including knowledge of Geometric Tolerances.
* Basic proficiency with identifying, analyzing, and resolving
* Ability to learn basics of the position within first 3 months of
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in
technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global
aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the
capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve
customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly
evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our
military every second. Our major product lines are on-board
virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with
our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive
in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and
quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a
best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people
in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their
integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a
multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best
results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are
committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share
their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges
in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and
separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime
Income Strategy option
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto,
additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness
insurance, group legal
* Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
* Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling
* Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
* Autism Benefit
* Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
* Adoption Assistance
* Best Doctors, second opinion program
* And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical
and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a
background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new
hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for
more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless
possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with
each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace,
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, West Des Moines , Mechanical Manufacturing Technician I, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!