Business Intelligence Analyst
Company: Care Initiatives Corporate Office
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Care Initiatives is now hiring an additional Business Intelligence
Analyst to join our Information Systems Team!:
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, have
hands-on experience leading organization-wide analytical projects,
and have a passion for data quality and reporting excellence.
Advanced SQL and ad hoc reporting experience is required.:
This full-time position offers:
- Generous vacation awards:
- Flextime scheduling / Work Life Balance:
- Convenient WDM Office location:
- Dress for your day policy (jeans in the office / business
casual in the field):
- Wide array of insurance plans:
- Retirement plan with company match:See below for degree and
EOE, AAP, Veterans and Disabled Employer:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Business Intelligence Analyst role is to collect data from a
variety of sources. Analyze source system data to create regular
and ad-hoc reports and dashboards for end users, as well as
knowledge of business intelligence best practice tools.
This role requires interaction with a range of internal and
external stakeholders, most often managing several moving requests
simultaneously. This position functions according to operational
policies and procedures to meet program needs in compliance with
federal, state and local requirements.:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Functional literacy in English
- Insurable by Care Initiatives' auto insurance carrier and have
personal auto insurance
- Moderate travel by automobile with some overnight
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business
Administration, or equivalent.
- Current, valid certification for related profession as
- Current Iowa driver's license:Knowledge
- Knowledge and expertise regarding data models, database design
development, data mining.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Advanced competency in relational database concepts and
- Demonstrated dashboarding and reporting skills
- Solid understanding of ETL tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with advanced skills
- Knowledge of electronic health record systems
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts
- Knowledge of accepted practices in data mining from multiple
software application systems:Experience
- Three to five years of related work experience in the field of
business analytics, data mining, business intelligence, and report
- Health care experience helpful, but not
- Ability to read and interpret regulations/requirements
- Ability to organize large amounts of data into a reportable
- Ability to complete research to satisfy needs identified
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized manner,
make timely decisions, and exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to identify and follow accepted standards of
- Ability to work independently in organizing, scheduling and
- High level of literacy in written and spoken English
- Strong human relations skills
- Proficient interpersonal relationships and communication
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Able to use electronic and audiovisual software and equipment
to communicate with others and to analyze data to assist in
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with
- Ability to plan and conduct training and education
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, ability to listen
effectively, and understand written or oral instruction
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems in different situations and
trouble-shoot problems that ariseAbility to work with staff from a
variety of educational preparation, experience and settings:
1. Demonstrates and models Care Initiatives Core Values in all
interactions, activities and opportunities.
2. Responsible for data consolidation, data analysis and data
management collection and reporting.
3. Collaborate with business process owners, data producers, and
data consumers to get an understanding of current processes and
systems that has a direct impact on the quality of the enterprise
4. Acquire data from primary or secondary data source and maintain
5. Utilizes business intelligence software to generate metrics and
develops actionable recommendations.
6. Provides support to management by collecting and analyzing data
and reporting results based on the needs of end users .
7. Collaborates with various departments to achieve business
results, using predictive analytics .
8. This role requires a certain degree of creativity and has a
strong understanding of data, dashboards, and has the ability to
interpret data for internal customers with a varying degree of data
9. Building dashboards and maintaining spreadsheets for use in
making business decisions.
10. Assist in the preparation, cleansing, and verification of
11. Providing data management, education, and support to multiple
departments and users.:
1. Observes and abides by all HIPAA rules and regulations to ensure
that personal health information is protected during its
collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction according to
Care Initiatives and Care Initiatives Hospice policies and
procedures. Ensures only the minimum necessary information is known
or provided to function in this position.
2. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient, employee, and other
organizational business information.
3. Communicates results and initiatives throughout organization via
regular contributions to routine forms of communication.
4. Consistently and cooperatively works with patients, staff,
physicians, families, consultant personnel, community agencies, and
ancillary service providers. Serves as a role model for other staff
by adhering to the following:
- arrives and departs when expected, demonstrating dependability
- returns phone calls on a timely basis.
- presents a positive attitude and a professional appearance
consistent with the Care Initiatives policies.
- adheres to policies and procedures, including, but not limited
to, infection control, safety, patient rights, and
confidentiality.5. Attends and participates in staff meetings,
in-service classes, and committee meetings.
6. Obtains continuing education related to position as required to
maintain licensure and skills.
7. Assumes accountability for information contained in the employee
8. Accepts and performs all duties, instructions, or corrections in
a cooperative manner, voicing concerns or disagreement in a
professional manner through established chain of authority
according to state procedures.
9. Assumes accountability for using, maintaining, and storing
organizational property according to established procedures.
10. Prioritizes projects and handles multiple tasks.
11. Works in a fast paced environment with daily deadlines.
12. Observe all facility, hospice and Home Office safety policies
13. Come to work in clean, neat, business casual attire and
consistently present an appropriate professional appearance.
14. Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate
dependability, punctuality, and complies with the Attendance
15. Assume accountability with federal, state and other regulations
within scope of control and of which performed.
16. Performs other related duties and projects as directed by
Keywords: Care Initiatives Corporate Office, West Des Moines , Business Intelligence Analyst, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!