Systems Analyst 3
Company: Sammons Financial Group
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 13, 2020
Sammons-- Financial Group's (SFG) member companies offer some of
today's most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement
planning products. Unlike most financial organizations, our
companies are not publicly traded, which means we're focused on
long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a
privately held company, our leaders and employees remain
consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that
allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution
partners, our employees, and our communities. Individually, our
companies provide value in the products and services they offer.
Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.
What you can expect when you join SFG:
- A casual dress code including jeans
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and
intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in our
healthy, high-performing and values based culture.
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday
afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number
of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness
plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance--- to name a
few ESOP-A generous 100% company funded retirement plan
What you can expect in the Systems Analyst role:
- Does being the person behind the scenes working large scale
initiatives supporting an agent's experience through modern cloud
apps intrigue you?
- Do you possess deep knowledge of modern technologies?
- Do you enjoy utilizing TDD techniques while working within a
scrum team to deliver next generation solutions?
- Do you have experience---
- developing native mobile apps?
- integrations with third party platforms?
- with real-time data streaming?
If so, read on!
In our shop, we're committed to the following technologies:
- Salesforce Lightning Components
- Salesforce APEX
- Microsoft .NET Core
- Docker and Kubernetes
- ReactJS and Redux
- SQL Server and/or NoSQL platforms
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and programmers in
conceptualizing and development of new software programs and
- Perform technical tasks, detailed analyses, and interpretation
of technical problems requiring expertise and/or specialized
knowledge in a systematic manner; apply subject matter expertise
unique to the discipline.
- Exhibit expert understanding of the organization's Systems
Development Life Cycle.
- Play a leading role in the definition, development, and
documentation of software's requirements, objectives, deliverables,
and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration
with internal users and departments.
- Play a leading role in defining software development project
plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Prepare and/or interpret business, functional, and
non-functional requirements; create and maintain user-oriented
applications and design specifications.
- Develop, test, document and implement applications according to
standards and methodologies.
- Design, implement and maintain databases. Follow database
standards and integrity controls, analyze information requirements,
and develop database specifications.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard
information resources against accidental or unauthorized
modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Design, run and monitor software functional and performance
tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting
errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging;
administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions
to problem areas.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and
- Must be on call during scheduled times and may be required to
work for extended periods at night and on weekends in support of
conversion, assisting in operational problems, or testing a new
- Maintain currency of professional, technical and business
- Utilize established status report, time accounting and
collaborative process to provide data for management.
- Exhibit expert understanding of application, data, and
integration, plus deep understanding of security, operational, and
systems management architectural and design domains.
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to
define business requirements and systems goals, and identify and
resolve business systems issues.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing
systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging
- Create and describe system design and models utilizing commonly
used industry mechanisms like E-R Diagrams, UML models, flow
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analysis for
proposed systems to aid management in making implementation
- Direct research on emerging application development software
products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and
- Liaise with company's software and hardware suppliers for
prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development
best practices; Train, mentor, and provide guidance to junior
software development staff.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data
processing, and error resolution.
- Commitment to embrace SFG shared values (Respect,
Accountability, Integrity, and Openness)
- As stated within the Company Attendance and Punctuality policy,
regular attendance is required and expected in order to meet the
business service levels and workflow demands.
- College Degree in the field of computer science, information
science, management information systems preferred
- Minimum 8 years' IT development experience or equivalent
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and the
ability to communicate with business partners and other IT
- Problem solving skills sufficient to perform research and
recommend a proposed solution to problems
- Able to work on multiple tasks and meet established
- Able to effectively direct and coordinate the work of other
team members on a project without having HR management
responsibility for them
- Knowledge of computer programming languages as required for the
- Criminal background check required.
Keywords: Sammons Financial Group, West Des Moines , Systems Analyst 3, Professions , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!