Operational Risk Consultant 4
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: October 11, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.Help
us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and
Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card,
Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury
Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and
the professional services teams that partner with these businesses.
PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and
deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings
to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding
principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner
effectively.The Roles within Digital, Innovation, and Shared
Services ControlThese newly created positions within the PVSI
Business Control organization support the Digital, Innovation, and
Shared Service businesses. These senior business risk consultants
will be responsible for enabling business growth by managing
risk.-- The candidate will be part of a team responsible for the
identification, assessment, monitoring, and management of risks
related to the development and delivery of Digital, Innovation and
Shared Services products, services, and processes within the
following business functions:
- Money Movement and Omni-Channel Development - supporting Wells
Fargo Virtual Channels Digital Money Movement, Omni-Channel, and
Application Programming Interfaces.
- Digital Self-Service - supporting product development processes
for digital self-service, consumer platform simplification and
other key business initiatives.
- Digital Sales & Delivery - supporting processes related to WFVC
Digital Acquisition, Activation, and Migration as well as processes
related to digital servicing.
- Group Program Management Office - supporting processes related
to PVSI project and program management.
- Ecosystems & Innovation - supporting the Innovation Group
within PVSI as well as the enterprise Digital and Innovation
ecosystem planning.Specific Responsibilities:
- Serve as the business risk and control subject matter expert
(SME) for risks, processes, and controls for assigned Digital,
Innovation, and Shared Service products.
- The role will provide the business with an aggregate view of
risks for their respective products and business processes, as well
as assurance of the effectiveness and sustainability of the
controls established, including risk assessment and escalation of
process and control related issues.
- Provide risk advisory and execute detailed assessments for
product initiatives (including new or modified products and
business growth initiatives) with potential for complexity,
generally spanning multiple business groups and risk types in order
to identify risks and controls and evaluate the impact of proposed
- Partner to collaborate on effective solutions and drive
execution and delivery across multiple organizations.
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk
management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the
management of a process or business with accountability for
compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+
years of IT systems security, business process management or
financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must
include direct experience in compliance, operational risk
management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- Digital banking experience (including the products, operations,
processes, customer interactions and associated risks).
- Direct experience working on new business initiatives (new
products, product changes, product retirements).
- Collaborative professional skills that advance a collegial and
partnered approach to meeting objectives. Freely shares knowledge,
information and learning with others.
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to
various levels of staff and management.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, high demand environment
while balancing multiple priorities.
- Proven track record of prioritization and follow-up skills, and
the ability to meet deadlines with quality deliverables.
- Intellectual curiosity with proven ability to learn quickly
through others as well as to conduct their own research and
- Strong meeting facilitation skills particularly for meetings
with participants who are participating by phone and via screen
- Experience with SHRP platform and modules including Risk
Assessment of New Business Initiatives (RANBI).
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Consultant 4, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!