Application Systems Engineer 5
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: July 12, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers
financial needs and help them succeed financially. Were looking for
talented people who will put our customers at the center of
everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youll
feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design,
development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells
Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and
enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM,
and other channels to Wells Fargos more than 70 million global
Application Systems Engineer - Wells Fargo Enterprise Core
Application Technology senior developer for eXtensible Process
Management (XPM), a Document Work flow and Content Management
- Provide Java/JSF development expertise for Strategy,
Standardization, Simplification and Production Efficiency of
document work flow and content management solutions.
- Acts as a senior developer in providing application design
guidance and consultation for the XPM application on an AGILE team
utilizing a thorough understanding of Java, JSF, Oracle ODBC,
Tomcat and Unix/Linux
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and
writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex
computer platforms and applications.
- Provides direction to less experienced staff and develops
highly complex original code.
- Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation
and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test
data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Supports systems testing and the migration of platforms and
applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures
and user guides.
- Leads development projects, influencing the work of less
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met
for supported area.
- Applies knowledge of industry trends and technology to drive
organizational change and position Wells Fargo for the future.
- Recommends and initiates systems testing.
- Acts as the highest-level internal consultant within technology
and business groups by re-engineering technical processes for
greater efficiencies with significant impact to the business.
- Directs and serves as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation
- 6+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of experience working with at least one Relationship
Database Management System (RDBMS) such as Oracle, MS SQL, Teradata
or DB2 LUW
- 6+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Bash,
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 3+ years of consumer credit experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Business Process Management
Notation (BPMN) methodology and modeling
- Knowledge and understanding of JDBC
- Knowledge and understanding of project management
methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of MQ Series Messaging experience
- JBOSS experience
- Experience meeting high production and quality standards in a
fast paced, development and production support environment
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
Other Desired Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience with JSF (Java Server Faces)
- Excellent data analysis with troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate with senior programmers, partner
groups, and other technical business groups.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast
paced, high pressure environment.
- Proven experience with source control systems and process
- Flexibility to frequently be on call beyond normal working
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends
Street AddressAZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln -
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines,
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MNDisclaimerAll offers
for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate
having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells
Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local,
state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Application Systems Engineer 5, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!