Commercial Farm/Ranch Claim Field Adjuster - Current opening Colorado Springs
Company: American Family Insurance
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 15, 2019
At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:Job ID: R10796 Commercial Farm/Ranch Claim Field Adjuster - Current opening Colorado Springs (Evergreen) (Open)Summary:The current openings for Commercial Farm/Ranch field adjuster are:
Colorado Springs, CO
We are also accepting applications for future positions as they arise.
The Commercial Farm/Ranch Claim Adjuster position supports the Claim Division goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners with agency to deliver seamless claim service. An experienced adjuster who can work on moderately complex, multi-line
Commercial Farm/Ranch claims. Performs with a high degree of competency and continues to develop a mastery of skills and insurance knowledge required of an experienced Commercial Farm/Ranch claim adjuster. Facilitates continuous development of people, processes and culture to ensure industry leading customer service. May specialize in liability, property or catastrophe claims and may be assigned to either a desk or field adjusting team.Responsibilities:Physical Demands
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).Working Conditions
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious places between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies to field position only.Travel Requirements
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
- This position requires travel up to 50% of the time.Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrates experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex Commercial Farm/Ranch claims.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements related to casualty coverages.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the casualty claim handling process.
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.Additional Job Information:
Job Description:Primary Accountabilities
- Investigates origin and cause of claims by contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior claims and recognizes environmental exposures.
- Identifies complex issues and seeks assistance as needed. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both commercial and farm ranch 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple policies types and numerous endorsements. These would include property, bodily injury, general liability, construction defect, Errors and Omissions, and Directors and Officers claims.
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages, and handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys, public adjusters by settling and providing the best customer experience in the industry.
- Contributes to the team environment by assisting with claims from other adjusters` inventories in the adjustors` absence. Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws, declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all parties for assigned losses. Interprets claim history coverages. Selects proper loss codes based on policy type
- Utilizes company Claim Bulletins, manuals and best practices. Demonstrates knowledge of underwriting guidelines, inspects risks and makes recommendations to the Underwriting Department as needed.
- Facilitates communication between customers, agents, vendors, third party administrators and other employees. Proactively provides agents with important claim related information; provides all parties with claim process and status as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!LI:CP1
Keywords: American Family Insurance, West Des Moines , Commercial Farm/Ranch Claim Field Adjuster - Current opening Colorado Springs, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!