Company: MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 17, 2023
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community. MercyOne provides
you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care
about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement
work/life balance. - We offer the following benefits to support you
and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
Identity Theft -
- Free Premium Membership to care.com with preloaded credits for
children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO) -
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Program
- Understands the inter-relatedness of the organization's
- Maintains awareness of organizational and departmental activity
on assigned shift by completing interdepartmental rounds to nursing
units and other patient service areas.
- Facilitates efficient operation of hospital activities in
absence of hospital Administration.
- Serves as a staff resource for policy and procedure questions
- Responds to patient, family, physician, and staff needs in
various capacities (e.g. Patient Advocate, Infection Control,
Employee Health Services).
- Consults and collaborates interdepartmentally as indicated
regarding patient and visitor needs (e.g. Nursing, Social Services,
Pastoral Care, Security).
- Supports and promotes evidence-based practice and research
among unit leaders and staff.
- Directs health care members as necessary (i.e., registered
nurses, licensed practical nurses, patient care technicians, etc.)
in the delivery of safe and effective patient care.
- Responds to emergency and crisis events to assist with
coordination of patient care activities such as securing bed
assignments, contacting families and significant others, obtaining
supplies, and providing general supervision.
- Directs/provides emergency support measures (i.e., court
committals, protecting patient from injury) and performs
efficiently in emergency situations following established
- Assists with care of patients and appropriate documentation in
- Assists with appropriate patient placement and bed
- Facilitates interdepartmental communication regarding patient
transfers to maximize efficient bed utilization.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following
- Directs/provides emergency support measures (i.e. initiates
and/or facilitates Code Blue and subsequent CPR interventions,
court committals, protecting patient from injury).
- Performs compliance audits and monitors and reports findings
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a
registered nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree required - or
actively in pursuit of BSN degree (accepted into a BSN Program
and/or currently enrolled).
- Minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience in critical care or
emergency care, preferably at Mercy Medical Center.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified or obtained within three (3)
months of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications
include American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certified or
obtained within three (3) months of hire. The acceptable
credentialing body for this requirement is the American Heart
- Demonstrates competency in use of First Net and Cerner within
three (3) months of hire.
- Competence with IV skills.
- Ability to function in crisis and patient emergency
- Demonstrated leadership skills with previous nursing management
experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and sensitive
- Basic understanding of multiple computer applications and
demonstrated ability to access specific resources, as outlined in
House Supervisor Direct Observation Competency
- Working knowledge of and ability to assist with order entry,
including lab orders and scanning of medication orders to
Keywords: MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center, West Des Moines , House Supervisor, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...