Employee Relations Partner
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 27, 2023
We are Athene. At Athene, we are driven to do more. We are a
leading retirement services company that issues, reinsures and
acquires retirement savings products designed for the increasing
number of individuals and institutions seeking to fund retirement
needs. We see every day as a new opportunity to measure ourselves
against the best - and then we don't stop until we've set the bar
even higher. We're ready to help you achieve more. Purpose:We are
excited by the success and growth that Athene is currently
experiencing, and we hope you are too! This opportunity is critical
to providing exceptional partnership to key areas of Athene. If you
are ready to make an impact in an industry leading company, we are
ready for you!Accountabilities:
- Provides guidance on a variety of topics such as, employee
relations, performance management, policy adherence, leave of
absence and ensures that related actions are compliant, consistent,
equitable, and legally sound.
- Provides counsel to leaders and employees related to employment
- Provides guidance and alternatives to promote increased
understanding and effective working relationships.
- Proactively handles employee relations issues with varying
level of complexity and leads and/or assists with internal
- Reviews and analyses emerging trends and proactively
communicates the appropriate interventions, seeking guidance and
mentorship as needed.
- Assists in the effective development, interpretation and
application of HR policies, practices, guidelines, and programs to
ensure consistent application across the organization.
- Researches new and best HR practices, policies and procedures
and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Develops awareness of employee concerns through positive
rapport with all employee levels.
- Maintains knowledge of current employment laws and reviews for
any changes and significant impact.Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of overall HR experience in with an increasing level
of responsibility, including at least 2 years of experience in
employee relations involving handling complex employee issues.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR (Professional in Human Resources) designation is
- Strong knowledge of HR employment laws and practices.
- Demonstrable experience in developing, implementing, and
maintaining HR policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written, including the
ability to articulate matters of a complex nature and influence
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint,
Excel, etc.)Drive. Discipline. Confidence. Focus. Commitment. Learn
more about working at Athene
(https://www.athene.com/about/usa-careers) .Athene is a Military
Friendly Employer! Learn more about how we support our Veterans
(https://www.athene.com/our-veterans) .Athene celebrates diversity,
is committed to inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by
federal, state or local law. We are driven to do more. More for our
customers and the financial professionals who offer our products.
If you are driven to do more and love the challenge of pursuing
more, Athene is your kind of company. You will find we offer more
than the basics to create a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work
environment at our various locations.
Keywords: Athene, West Des Moines , Employee Relations Partner, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!