Application Developer II (.Net)
Company: EquiTrust Life Insurance Company
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Application Developer II is responsible for developing new
system applications per requests, including coding, testing, and
completion of required system documentation. The incumbent also
performs maintenance to existing applications. The Developer keeps
up-to-date on hardware, development techniques and development
languages being used by the company for development purposes by
continuing to refine their technical development skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new applications as per specifications including
developing application code, testing completed applications, and
develop required documentation as defined by company development
- Maintains strict adherence to standards for documentation,
development techniques, testing, and other related development
- Maintains existing programs as per project task specifications
including coding the alterations, testing the corrected application
and updating the required documentation as defined by company
- Leads or participates in walk-throughs of program design,
coding, and testing in order to minimize occurrence of program
- Keeps up-to-date on system development techniques and languages
which are being used for system development and apply those
techniques during development efforts.
- Keeps designated individuals informed on project/work
- Continues to focus on developing technical skills in system
- Supports the Information Technology team and other departments
on an as needed basis.
- Willingly takes on additional responsibilities as requested in
order to accomplish department and Company objectives.
- Actively participates and contributes to the goals and
objectives of the Company by working collaboratively and fostering
a positive and inclusive work environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop in at least 2 programming
languages, one of which must be NET.
- Intermediate proficiency in web markup, including HTML5,
- Intermediate proficiency in client-side scripting and
- Intermediate proficiency in cross-browser compatibility issues
and ways to work around them.
- Intermediate proficiency in code versioning tools.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and solve problems
and issues of all types; must be able to identify situations that
fall outside the parameters of normal or routine activity.
- Possess analytical skills including proficiency with research
tools and techniques.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage time in order to meet
varying deadlines; must be able to execute under pressure.
- Responsible, reliable, dedicated, and accountable.
- Organized and self-directed.
- Intuitive, problem solver, and analytical.
- Quick learner.
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and affiliates
to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles.
Training and Work Experience:
- If High School Diploma, minimum 6 years of application
development experience required.
- If Associates Degree, minimum 4 years of application
development experience required.
- If Bachelor's Degree, minimum 2 year of application development
- Experience working in an insurance company preferred.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- On-Site Location: West Des Moines, IA
- Business Travel: Travel not likely/required
- Provide twenty-four hour support for computer operation of
production systems, as needed.
Applicants have rights under federal employment laws. To learn
Keywords: EquiTrust Life Insurance Company, West Des Moines , Application Developer II (.Net), Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!