RN PRN Med Surg
Company: MercyOne West Des Moines Med C
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: August 7, 2022
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health
Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites
across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and
virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out
of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never
before. Our communities need caring and our families need
protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed
to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor
and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both
inside our hospitals and out in the community.
**Ask about a one time $10,000 sign on bonus or up to $10,000
educational reimbursement per year for 5 years**
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and
emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care
Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use
(i.e. IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices).
Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms
whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e. cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage
devices, ambulating, and hygiene.
- Completion of 75-hour, 120-hour or 150-hour Certified Nursing
Assistant program OR be listed as having passed CNA competency
testing on the Iowa Direct Care Worker registry.
- Currently enrolled in an RN program or a Graduate of an
accredited RN or LPN program, certification as an EMT in the State
of Iowa OR formally holding a medical occupational specialty from
the military may be substituted for completion of CNA program and
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for
Healthcare Providers certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
- High School diploma or high school equivalent
Keywords: MercyOne West Des Moines Med C, West Des Moines , RN PRN Med Surg, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!