Loan Originator - (Iowa)
Company: Wintrust Financial
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Wintrust Mortgage was founded in 1981 to help customers achieve
the American dream of homeownership and has since successfully
navigated the ever-changing real estate market. As a full-service,
federally chartered lender with offices located across the country,
we re dedicated to providing customers with a wide range of
mortgage products and have the capability to lend in all 50 states.
To complement the basic conventional, FHA, and VA loan programs, we
are uniquely positioned to meet the needs of the continually
evolving market. Wintrust Mortgage is part of Wintrust, a financial
services company with more than $45 billion in assets.Position
Summary: An employee in this position procures new mortgage
transactions for the bank. The primary responsibility is to bring
in new loan requests into the bank for processing. The Loan
Originator is the primary contact for the loan applicant. Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:The Loan Originator assembles and
reviews a new application and matches the applicant with a mortgage
program. The file is handled by the Mortgage Originator until it is
time to request loan documents and closing is scheduled. By turning
in the file at this point, the Loan Originator is able to go out
and generate new business.The Loan Originator assists the borrower
in determining the proper loan program, completing the loan
application and gathering the required supporting documentation to
begin the loan process.Conducts preliminary underwriting
reviews.Remains front line contact with the borrowers.A credit
report is obtained and analyzed by the Loan Originator.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Loan Originator assembles and reviews a new application and
matches the applicant with a mortgage program. The file is handled
by the Mortgage Originator until it is time to request loan
documents and closing is scheduled. By turning in the file at this
point, the Loan Originator is able to go out and generate new
- The Loan Originator assists the borrower in determining the
proper loan program, completing the loan application and gathering
the required supporting documentation to begin the loan
- Conducts preliminary underwriting reviews.
- Remains front line contact with the borrowers.
- A credit report is obtained and analyzed by the Loan
- The Loan Originator is heavily involved with the client during
the application and closing process.
- Develops referral relationships with realtors, builders,
bankers and other sources in order to proactively solicit new
- Minimum two years of mortgage loan origination experience
- Thorough knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of
various mortgage products and programs.
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting and
- Thorough knowledge of federal lending regulations governing
real estate lending, such as Truth-in-Lending, RESPA and
- Ability to analyze financial information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor is essential.
- Work requires sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Outlook proficiency required.
- Requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration
under the terms of the S.A.F.E Act of 2008
- Ability to travel We provide an engaging, dynamic work
environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k,
employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and
more! Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking
and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age,
disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wintrust Financial, West Des Moines , Loan Originator - (Iowa), Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!