Company: MercyOne Des Moines Med Ctr
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: August 3, 2022
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit Catholic medical
centers in Des Moines West Des Moines Newton and Centerville and
two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's Hospital in Des
Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in Clive (965 beds
total) - along with more than 20 additional facilities that house
more than 50 primary care pediatric internal medicine and specialty
clinics. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893 MercyOne Central
Iowa has the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines
and is also one of the largest employers in the state with more
than 7000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1000
physicians and allied health associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a
member of MercyOne which was founded in 1998 through a
collaboration between CommonSpirit Health and Trinity Health - two
of the country's foremost not-for-profit Catholic health
organizations. MercyOne has more than 20000 colleagues in Iowa and
- Maintains proficiency with all vascular ultrasound equipment
and procedures performed at the IHC.
- Performs vascular exams on Iowa Heart Center patients according
to established protocol.
- Instructs and educates patient regarding the ordered test and
prepares the patient for the procedure.
- Uses the Hospital and Department information systems to
complete patient testing records and billing procedures.
- Maintains equipment in designated testing areas.
- Demonstrates customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Serves as mentor for ultrasound students.
- Completes department competencies in the required
- Attends required meetings and participates on committees as
- Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner to perform
required duties of the position.
- Successful completion of an accredited two year Ultrasonography
or Radiologic Technologist program or must meet the educational
requirements of the ARDMS for ultrasound training. (ie: 2-year
allied health degree or bachelor's degree)
- Registered or registry eligible by the ARDMS. Maintains active
registry status in ARRT and/ or ARDMS
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified
or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six
- Valid Iowa Driver's/Chauffeurs License required, must meet
Mercy's Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be at least 18 years
of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa state law.
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Med Ctr, West Des Moines , Vascular Technologist, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!