Claims Account Executive
Company: GuideOne Insurance
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description GuideOne is a community for good. We exist to
help our members achieve their goal of making the world a better
place. Our Claims department is critical to our success, because
this department has contact with members who are under stress from
having suffered a crisis. We offer reassurance, sympathy and expert
guidance as we help them recover, alleviating much of their worry.
We serve as a real partner to our members by efficiently, quickly
processing claims so they can resume their life's work without
unnecessary delay.Our Claims department welcomes people who are
optimistic, enjoy helping others in times of need and are
compassionate about making positive change in the world. The Claims
Account Executive will be the primary owner of the business
relationship with key, large commercial accounts. Primary
responsibility will be to collaborate across functions, including
Underwriting, Sales, Risk Management, etc. to bring the vital
resources to resolve the customer or agent service needs and gaps.
This role requires a leader who can link strategy to executionIn
addition, the Account Executive will be a central point of contact
for Claims services and Risk Management with a national scope. In
some cases, this role may lead and direct the work of others while
working under minimal supervision. As the Claims Account Executive
you will be responsible for the following:Account Management
- Establishes rapport and an ongoing business relationship. This
role frequently travels with producers to assist the sales process
as they meet with existing or prospective accounts, assist in
setting up service agreements and follow up to those service
- Leads the business relationship with commercial customers,
which have identified as being key accounts, due to premium level,
high deductible, or for other reason.
- Troubleshoots concerns and coordinates resolution between the
customer and GuideOne Insurance.
- Onboarding of new accounts while promoting Claims and Risk
Management services. Identifies data needs and designs solutions to
meet the needs of the account.
- Promotes GuideOne's Risk Management services to customers and
producers. Provides training for customers and agents on Claims and
Risk Management procedures, services, systems and expectations.
Performs both corrective training of existing accounts and agents,
as well as orientation training of those new to GuideOne.
- Delivers a positive customer service experience to internal,
external, current and prospective GuideOne customers.
- Attends the annual or regional meetings of industry
organizations, commercial accounts, or agencies attended by their
members, employees and management.
- Maintains a general understanding of account performance
through use of analytics and performance metrics.Strategy
- Consults with customers to identify service needs and gaps.
Designs Claims and Risk Management service agreements to address
- Researches individual claims related to customer accounts.
Performs account review presentations to customers and their agents
to summarize status and strategy on their open claims, results of
closed claims, and to identify trends, in order to reduce
- Partners with producers to design strategies to boost new
sales, renewal of existing accounts, and recapture of lost
- Consults with Claims, Underwriting, and Sales executives to
design a technical solution, or in the alternative, a business
decision necessary to retain the account.
- Captures market intelligence as the primary field contact.
Identifies trends; compiles and communicates strategic information
to other departments in need of it, including Sales, Underwriting,
and Risk Management. Shares trend information with field
- Acts as a subject matter expert for company products and
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.Education and
- Undergraduate studies in a related field preferred.
- 10 or more years of proven experience in relationship and
account management preferred.
- Commercial claims and/or enterprise risk management experience,
including managerial experience, preferred.
- Work compensation experience preferred.Other Credentials and
- Must have extensive working knowledge of products, services and
processes of the related business unit.
- Requires advanced knowledge of claims and risk management
practices, technical claims and risk management operations,
procedures and claims performance and risk management strategies,
day-to-day claims and risk management operations.
- Extensive subject area specific knowledge desired.
- High degree of knowledge of databases and data management tools
- Must demonstrate the highest level of competency in
interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Must have the ability to build and maintain strong
collaborative relationships with business unit and client.
- Must be able to lead multiple tasks and projects.
- Must have the ability to evaluate and recommend problem
- Individual must be a self-starter, strategic problem solver,
and an innovator.
- Excellent customer focus to proactively identify and understand
- Demonstrated decision-making skills, including the ability to
recognize, analyze and improve Claims and Risk Management
- Ability to make decisions, establish priorities, and set
- Ability to organize and deal with a variety of situations,
discern problems and recommend/implement resolutions.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and
experiences may take precedence.About GuideOne: GuideOne Insurance
was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a
commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving
customers in select niche markets.At GuideOne Insurance, we believe
that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees
to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a
recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and
financial services to:• Religious Organizations• Non profit
organizations• Educational Institutes• Program Business•
Construction• Infrastructure & Rail• Energy & Mining• Financial /
D&O• Technical PropertyRich Benefits Package:• 401K includes a
match up to 6% at 100%.• Generous time off program including;
personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.• Flexible work
schedules.• Wellness incentives.• Free Basic Life and AD&D.•
Free short-term and long-term disability.• Educational assistance
program.• 3 different medical plans options to meet individual
needs, including dental and vision.• Company sponsored community
This Company Participates in
Keywords: GuideOne Insurance, West Des Moines , Claims Account Executive, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!