RN Med Surg Ortho
Company: MercyOne West Des Moines Med C
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 13, 2022
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic
medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals - MercyOne Children's
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) - - - along with more than 20 additional
facilities that house more than 50 primary care, pediatric,
internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the Sisters of
Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest continually
operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the largest
employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and a
medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which
was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit
Health and Trinity Health - two of the country's foremost,
not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more
than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states. -**Ask about
a one time $10,000 sign on bonus or up to $10,000 educational
reimbursement per year for 5 years**
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and
emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care
Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment setup, maintenance, and use
(i.e. IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices).
Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms
whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e. cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage
devices, ambulating, and hygiene.
- Possession of a current or compact state licensure as a
registered nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or
Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for
Healthcare Providers certified within six (6) weeks of hire.
- BSN Preferred#MissionCritical
Keywords: MercyOne West Des Moines Med C, West Des Moines , RN Med Surg Ortho, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!