Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 15, 2022
- Working out of our Des Moines office, the Field Engineer will
work with Project Managers and Superintendents on our construction
projects by providing on-site estimating, safety management,
material procurement, project documentation, scheduling,
problem-solving and other construction related activities as
- Check local requirements or ordinances for field site
conditions as directed by supervisor.
- Perform weekly field site safety inspections to ensure that
site conforms to local, OSHA and company safety standards and
requirements; report difficulties that arise to the Project Manager
- Develop, schedule and present regular toolbox safety
- Obtain signed acknowledgment forms from employees relating to
the company safety policy, and save forms in designated electronic
file storage location.
- Establish and maintain field site filing systems for all
standard files, testing reports and results, etc.
- Assist with time entry for field site employees and ensure time
is properly reported to the Payroll Department.
- Prepare progress reports that contain labor hours and in-place
- Establish and maintain daily field reports and review with
- Direct field reports and quantity reports for job cost control
to the appropriate location on a weekly basis or as directed.
- Initiate or participate in subcontractor and supplier delivery
date scheduling and information gathering.
- Negotiate, write, and initial purchase orders for
- Sign purchase orders with subcontractors and suppliers, as
- Gather information for owner change orders and review back-up
for subcontractor change requests under Superintendent's
- Perform regular review of plans, specs, and shop drawings as
directed to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to
- Monitor activities of testing firm(s) to ensure testing and
inspection activities are completed and reported on a timely
- Ensure punch list completion.
- Inform Superintendent of the state of all responsibilities
- Fill in during Superintendents absence from field site as
requested.Additional Skills & Qualifications:3-5 years construction
experience, preferably with majority of time spent on commercial or
industrial building projectsEducation in Civil Engineering,
Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or
related area Bachelors Degree preferred About Actalent:Actalent
connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and
services capabilities drive value and results and provide the
expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our
experts around the globe are making an impact. Were supporting
critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how
companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and
engagement through experiences that enable continuous development.
Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of
Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.The company is
an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications
without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national
origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by
Keywords: Aerotek, West Des Moines , Field Engineer, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!