RN Emergency Department
Company: MercyOne West Des Moines
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: November 11, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the
alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health.
With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and
hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit
is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
professional emergency nursing care for acutely ill and injured
patients incorporating the nursing process of all age groups
including neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults, and
geriatrics. Provides patient and family education.
Serves as a patient advocate and liaison with other health care
providers. Serves as a preceptor for new employees and
- Applies professional emergency nursing skills
in the care and treatment of acutely ill and injured patients
utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation.
- Promotes patient-centered care
- Respect of the patient’s values, preferences,
and expressed needs
- Coordination and integration of
- Information, communication, and
- Physical comfort
- Emotional support and alleviation of fear and
- Involvement of family and friends
- Transition and continuity
- Collaborates with the
patient, significant others, and ancillary departments to create a
multidisciplinary healthcare team whose goal is to provide care
that is continuous and well-coordinated.
- Provides for actual and anticipated education
needs and includes education to meet these needs in the plan of
- Communicates proactively to the healthcare
team the plan of care, changes in the patient’s condition, the
patient’s progress, the discharge plan, and other relevant
- Must quickly, efficiently, and calmly respond
to emergent and critical situations.
- Manages the complex care of critically ill and
- Triages patients quickly and efficiently per
the Emergency Department’s policies specific to Triage.
- Documents a comprehensive patient record that
is organized and complete, reflecting all aspects of nursing care
- Anticipates patient’s needs and assists the
provider during the examination and procedures.
- Provides psychological support based on
- Utilizes multiple teaching methods. Discharge
instructions are reviewed and understanding acknowledged by the
- Assess community resources as
- Supervises Emergency Department
- Serves as a preceptor for students and
employees (i.e. EMS, nursing, new employees).
- Checks and maintains medical equipment and
- Works independently using the Nurse Practice
Act, hospital policies, and professional judgment. Makes
recommendations to improve the Emergency Department’s Standards of
- Occasionally functions as Relief Charge Nurse,
which includes the responsibilities of staffing, patient care
coordination, and the facilitation of teamwork.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possession of a current or compact state
license as a registered nurse issued/defined by the State of
- One year of RN experience preferred
OR new graduate if the candidate has completed
senior nursing preceptorship at Mercy Emergency or previous
experience as an emergency department technician or experience in a
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter
abuse training specific to population served within 3 months of
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified within six
(6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and
certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the
Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life
- Completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life
Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
Keywords: MercyOne West Des Moines, West Des Moines , RN Emergency Department, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!