Vascular Technologist Lead
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: October 12, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the
alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health.
With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and
hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit
is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
- Assists staff with difficult exams and answers
questions related to Vascular exams.
- Demonstrates expertise in operating all vascular
- Involved in demonstrations of new equipment, and
interacts with sales representatives regarding the demonstration
and sale of vascular equipment.
- Coordinates vascular presentations for
department education meetings.
- Remains current on vascular testing issues and
technology, and disseminates information to the staff as
- Monitors training of new members of the vascular
testing staff. Mentor to new employees.
- Develops and implements department objectives,
procedures, and policies in collaboration with staff and promotes
staff compliance of objectives.
- Monitors technical performance of staff,
provides feedback and promotes staff development.
- Participates in interviews for prospective
- Monitors the physical environment of the
department and maintains department records.
- Develops/maintains competencies for respective
- Performs Quality Assurance activities as
- Responsible for IAC vascular accreditation
- Presents a positive image to community and
professional contacts and promotes professionalism within Iowa
Heart Center and Mercy Hospital.
- Participates in the evaluation of equipment and
supplies; orders and maintains an adequate supply inventory; and
makes recommendations to the department manager and
- Participates in education and continuing
education activities as required.
- Serves on committees as directed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Registered Vascular Technologist by the American
Registry of Medical Diagnostic Sonographers. Maintain active
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare
Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American
Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart
Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse
training specific to population served within three (3) months of
years experience as a vascular sonographer.
- No formal disciplinary actions in
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, West Des Moines , Vascular Technologist Lead, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!