Assistant Construction Superintendent
Company: Manifold Services, Inc.
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: October 12, 2021
If you have experience in multi-family construction and
enjoy managing a project from start to finish then we have an
opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing
modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the
Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of
development: from land acquisition to construction to
management and maintenance.
We are looking for a professional and motivated individual to
join our team as an Assistant Construction
Superintendent. Assistant Construction
Superintendents are responsible for the overall day-to-day
and must have extensive experience with three-story, wood frame
construction, hospitality level finishes and multi-family
facilities. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of
experience in the construction industry, and be available to work
full-time with over-time on some Saturdays (as needed).
Responsibilities Include (but not limited
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Planning, managing, coordinating and supervising the
construction process from initial development of land through final
acceptance of buildings, on a timely and economic basis. Includes
managing permits, construction trade contracts, company policies
and industry standards.
- Originating and maintaining schedules for all trades, with
assistance from Project Manager, and be responsible for the
contractor’s adherence thereto.
- Holding contractors accountable for their performance through
straightforward communications, relating their performance to
payment for their services.
- Inspecting each trade's work and approving invoicing according
to contract payment terms.
- Managing personnel, overseeing the quality of construction, and
ensuring safety on the job site.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with and
supervise a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and well
- Able to review and interpret plans, specifications and
contracts as they relate to each individual trade involved in the
construction of the project.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow and enforce OSHA
- Able to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such
as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with
a satisfactory background and driving record check
to be performed on all applicants being seriously
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively
seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates
and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national
origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Manifold Services, Inc., West Des Moines , Assistant Construction Superintendent, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!