Clinic II RN - Iowa Heart Vascular Surgery
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: October 7, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the
alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health.
With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and
hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit
is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
- Performs general and cardiac
nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed procedures,
medications, and treatments in accordance with nursing
- Conducts and assesses medical and
interval history interviews with patients.
- Provides patient and family
education and documents in medical record.
- Performs phone triage, assesses
and communicates needs to physician as needed.
- Acts as problem solver as it
relates to patient, family, physician issues according to
- Reads and researches patient
records, charts and Practice Manager system for other pertinent
information. May dictate history and physical, consults and other
- Reviews and reports pertinent
test(s) and outside examination results, scrutinizes for needed
follow-up; communicates to Physician.
- Participates in professional
development activities and maintains professional
- Maintains practice standards in
regard to Quality Improvement and OSHA
- Performs various procedures and
tests according to department guidelines.
- Schedules admissions and
outpatient procedures, and obtains consents.
- Responsible for meeting all IHC RN
- Covers other IHC duties as
- Attends meetings and participates
on committees as requested.
- Performs other related work as
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Current licensure as R.N., state of
Iowa or compact state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the
Healthcare Provider certified or obtained by the end of the
orientation period (approximately six (6) weeks).
- Proof of completion of Mandatory
Reporter Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Three years of RN nursing
experience required. Two years of critical care experience or
clinical cardiac equivalent experience required.
- Level I Cardiac Arrhythmia class
completion within 6 months
- Level II 12 Lead EKG class
completion within 1 year
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, West Des Moines , Clinic II RN - Iowa Heart Vascular Surgery, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!