RN West Des Moines Surgery
Company: MercyOne West Des Moines
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: October 5, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the
alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health.
With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and
hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit
is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
Provides perioperative patient care,
specifically in the intraoperative phase, in both the scrub and
circulating roles according to established guidelines. Serves
the population from neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult
and geriatric. This position requires call, weekends, nights and
Holidays as scheduled.
- Scrubs and circulates on cases
independently, with minimal direction.
- Prepares for surgical cases in an
efficient manner, anticipating needs of patient, surgeon,
anesthesia and other O.R. team members.
- Provides a safe environment for
patient and staff by implementing standards of aseptic technique
and by controlling the physical and psychological aspects of that
- Collects and analyzes data and
assesses patient in developing nursing diagnosis.
- Communicates effectively with the
patient, staff, physicians, and families.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment
set-up and function.
- Initiates and directs room clean up
- Participates in orientation and
training of new personnel.
- Assists in maintenance of
physician's preference cards and other O.R. resource material.
- Utilizes computer in surgical
documentation, disposition of specimens and obtaining pertinent
- Participates in departmental
Performance Improvement activities as appropriate.
- Attends department meetings and
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Possession of a current or compact
state license as a Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of
- Operating Room experience
- Basic Life Support certified within
six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and
certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the
Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life
Support for Healthcare Providers.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory
Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three
(3) months of hire.
- Ability to read, write and speak
Keywords: MercyOne West Des Moines, West Des Moines , RN West Des Moines Surgery, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!