Clinic II RN
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: September 15, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the
alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health.
With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and
hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit
is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
- Assesses, plans, coordinates,
implements, educates and evaluates care of assigned patients.
- Completes assessment and collects
data for initial consult or history and physical. Initiates
standing orders. Presents patient to surgeon.
- Assists physician in continuous
assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care of
patients of diverse ages during procedures.
- Administers medications, moderate
sedation, IVs, as ordered during procedure.
- Proficient with aseptic technique
and assists physician with scrubbing during and after
- May apply manual pressure to
puncture site to obtain hemostasis following procedure.
- Maintains all aspects of patient
- Prepares appropriate forms to
document all events during for the patient's medical record, ab
records and statistics.
- Maintains readiness of equipment in
procedure rooms. Acquires supplies needed for procedures and passes
to physician or assistant maintaining sterile technique. Assists in
maintaining inventory control.
- Obtains nursing histories, consent
forms, and lab data on outpatients prior to procedure.
- Sets up trays for procedures using
- Prepares skin and drapes patient
for procedure using aseptic technique.
- Post-procedure or post-testing
follow-up with patients, schedule appropriate appointments.
- Observes and documents daily
- Retrieves & documents lab and test
results and notifies physician of abnormal results.
- Evaluates and triages individual
patients and physician/patient calls.
- Gives verbal and written orders
according to standing orders or established protocols.
- Triages phone calls for physicians.
Responds to questions according to standing orders, established
protocols or direct physician input. Refers to appropriate
resources. Documents accordingly.
- Documents charges and turns in to
Billing Department daily. Obtains waivers for medical necessity as
defined by practice policy.
- Communicates appropriate follow up
information to referring physicians.
- Provides patient teaching and
facilitates communication between physician, client, and other
office or hospital personnel
- Provides medication teaching and
assures patient has appropriate prescriptions.
- Coordinates discharge
- Serves as liaison between hospital
and office staff, physicians, and patients.
- Discusses research protocols with
Research Department nurse as appropriate.
- Participates in professional
development activities and maintains professional
- Participates in quality improvement
- Provides nursing care to patient
during follow-up office visits.
- Assists physician with procedures
in the office or hospital. May be required to travel to Des Moines
area hospitals and to Outreach clinics.
- Assesses wounds and provides care
as needed under the physician’s direction.
- Supervises other staff such as
medical assistant during procedures.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Current license as a registered
nurse issued by the State of Iowa or compact
- Proof of completion of Mandatory
Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three
(3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the
Healthcare Provider certified or obtained by the end of the
orientation period (approximately six (6) weeks).
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Three years of RN nursing
experience required. Two years of critical care experience or
clinical cardiovascular equivalent or General/Cardiovascular
Surgery experience required.
- Valid Iowa Driver’s/Chauffeurs
License required, must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards,
must be at least 18 years of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa
- Level I Cardiac Arrhythmia class
completion within 6 months
- Level II 12 Lead EKG class
completion within 1 year
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, West Des Moines , Clinic II RN, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!