EP RN - Iowa Heart
Company: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: September 7, 2021
MercyOne Central Iowa operates four not-for-profit, Catholic
medical centers in Des Moines, West Des Moines, Newton and
Centerville and two specialty hospitals – MercyOne Children’s
Hospital in Des Moines and MercyOne Rehabilitation Hospital in
Clive (965 beds total) – along with more than 20
additional facilities that house more than 50 primary care,
pediatric, internal medicine and specialty clinics. Founded by the
Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne Central Iowa has the longest
continually operating hospital in Des Moines and is also one of the
largest employers in the state, with more than 7,000 employees and
a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians and allied health
associates. MercyOne Central Iowa is a member of MercyOne, which
was founded in 1998 through a collaboration between CommonSpirit
Health and Trinity Health – two of the country’s foremost,
not-for-profit Catholic health organizations. MercyOne has more
than 20,000 colleagues in Iowa and surrounding states.
direction, provides professional nursing care for adult office
patients following Iowa Heart Center (IHC) established standards
and practices, consistent with the Iowa Heart Center mission
- Triages phone calls, gives verbal and written
orders according to standing orders or established
- Provides assistance to EP doctor in office,
and facilitates office schedule.
- Performs interrogation and reprogramming on
all models of pacemakers and ICD’s, and documents according to IHC
- Performs general and cardiac nursing care to
patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatment in
accordance with nursing standards.
- Reviews remote transmissions and completes
documentation according to IHC protocol.
- Reads and researches patient records, charts
and Practice Manager System for other pertinent information. May
dictate history and physical, consults and other professional
- Reviews and reports pertinent test(s) and
outside examination results, scrutinize for needed follow-up;
communicates to Physician.
- Maintains practice standards in regard to
Quality Improvement and OSHA.
- Provides patient and family education and
documents in medical records.
- Acts as a problem solver as it relates to
patient, family, physician issues according to
- Operate required vehicle(s) in a safe manner
to perform required duties of the position.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Three years of RN nursing experience required.
Two years of critical care experience preferred or clinical cardiac
equivalent experience required.
- Current licensure as R.N., state of Iowa or
- Valid Iowa Driver’s/Chauffeurs License
required, must meet Mercy’s Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, must be
at least 18 years of age and be eligible to drive per Iowa state
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter
abuse training specific to population served within three (3)
months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare
Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period
(approximately six (6) weeks).
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Level I Cardiac Arrhythmia class completion
within 6 months
- Level II 12 Lead EKG class completion within 1
- Level III Advanced 12 Lead EKG class within 18
Keywords: MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center, West Des Moines , EP RN - Iowa Heart, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!