Fields phone calls and email inquiries,
tracking Member information and documentation, check status and
provide updates of mortgage application and assisting with the
mortgage approval process for Members. Maintains organization of
pipeline and meets necessary and regulatory deadlines. Assists and
serves as a backup to the Mortgage Loan Associate in all aspects of
the mortgage origination process.
Pay range for this hourly position is
$17.04 - $25.56 with a progressive benefit package.
Performs essential duties and
responsibilities in the following areas which may include but are
not limited to those listed and are subject to change.
1. Adheres to the Credit Union's core
values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission
and vision and values. Supports a diverse and inclusive work
2. Demonstrates a positive member service
(internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and
guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival,
using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their
3. Review, filter and reply to MLO emails
that are customer service in nature (insurance, account or
post-closing related questions)
4. Fields and returns phone calls and
emails for Mortgage Loan Officer.
5. Organizes weekly follow up on
preapprovals in process to increase conversion percentage.
6. Follows up with referrals, schedules the
initial appointment and answers any questions the member may have
regarding their loan. Schedules the closing appointment with all
necessary parties. Manages MLO schedule.
7. Review and ensure documentation needed
for processing is in file (including but not limited to
paystubs/W2s/bank statements from Member, property related
8. Organizes file in appropriate order as
indicated by the checklist and submits application to processing
9. Print, prepare and review closing
10. Organizes and ensures that closing
packages are signed and correctly completed after loan closing to
be sent to post-closing team.
11. Assist with post-closing items and
12. Demonstrates teamwork in all
interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and
13. Ensures confidentiality of member
14. Supports a diverse and inclusive work
15. Works with Underwriters in meeting
their guidelines and obtaining loan approval.
16. Promotes GreenState mortgage products
and GreenState with their contacts in the community.
17. Assists in any necessary training and
development needed within the GreenState Mortgage Loan
18. Adheres to all state, federal and
credit union regulations, policies, and guidelines.
1. Minimum of two years previous related
work experience in the mortgage industry.
2. High school diploma or equivalent (i.e.:
3. Knowledge of procedures, forms,
secondary market guidelines and regulations as they relate to
mortgage lending along with knowledge and procedures of Real Estate
purchasing and refinancing.
4. Reports to work punctually, works all
scheduled hours, and works additional hours as necessitated by
business demand. During periods of peak demand, job will require a
non-traditional work week with extra hours including evening and/or
5. Ability to prioritize assignments and
organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of details.
6. Interpersonal skills to represent the
credit union in a positive way during member contact.
7. Accuracy and attention to detail
8. Ability to operate related computer
9. Ability to work with Realtors and other
referral sources on initial and follow up conversations regarding
the initial application and general mortgage questions.
10. Ability to deal tactfully and
efficiently with members and co-workers on a professional
11. Must be bondable.
12. Must be a registered pursuant to
requirements of the S.A.F.E. Act.
Reports to the Vice President / Mortgage Relationship Manager.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other
GreenState Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.