Human Resources Assistant
Company: UnityPoint Health-Trinity
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Human Resources Assistant
Clive, IA- West Lakes Corporate
Monday- Friday, 8a-5p (Hours can be a little flexible)
Full-Time Benefits, 40 Hours/ Week, Competitive 401k
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing
varied personnel and administrative support to the Human
Resources department and offers indirect support to leadership
and team members.
UPaH and UPC HR Department Support
- Provides clerical support, sort and distribute department mail,
distribute unemployment claims, invoice coding for UPaH.
- Assists employees and managers with questions and triage
questions to the appropriate HR Business Partner or manger as
- Runs weekly/monthly/quarterly reports and as requested reports
- Provides Lawson support: GHR transfers, new position codes,
position code updates, etc.
- Serves as Honoring YOU administrator for UPaH and UPC
- Processes employee referral bonuses
- Runs monthly audit reports for license/CPR/mandatory
reporter/other required credentials
- Manages the UPaH quarterly random drug testing process and the
annual DOT/MVR checks/drug testing
- Coordinates the UPaH required Drug-Free Workplace annual
- Maintains I-9s in compliance with the DOL
- Provides bi-annual DOL labor law poster notifications to all
- Offers ongoing primary source verification per URAC
accreditation for UPaH Specialty Pharmacy
- Updates UPaH organizational chart and uploads to SharePoint
- Provides support when surveyors are on site
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of
Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with
regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications
required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and
other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements
within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance
requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g.
Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any
questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate
attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate
action on concerns reported by department staff related to
- Associate Degree in Business or Human Resources
- Typing 65 wpm, 10-key
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2007 software
- Experience with office equipment including but not limited to
computer, fax, scanner and calculator
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and
- Ability to organize tasks and manage time wisely.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health-Trinity, West Des Moines , Human Resources Assistant, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!