Member Service Executive
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 20, 2020
GreenState Credit UnionMember Service ExecutiveUS-IA-West Des
MoinesJob ID: 2020-2374Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings:
2Category: RetailGreenState Credit UnionOverviewThe GreenState
Credit Union, a progressive, growing company, is now taking
applications for a Member Service Executive. This person will be a
competitive, independent, "doer" who can problem solve and get
things done through people. In this role, you will promote and
provide credit union products and services to new and existing
members with referrals to appropriate departments when necessary.
This position is responsible for opening and closing all types of
share accounts and consumer loans, as well as for the necessary
collection of overdrawn accounts and delinquent loans. The
successful candidate will be an assertive problem solver who loves
a fast paced environment, and who can motivate people to do their
best. GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for
qualifying applicants. Pay range for this hourly position is $18.69
- $28.03, with a monthly incentive opportunity and a progressive
benefits package.ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential duties and
responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are
not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union Service Standards in carrying out
GreenState's mission and vision.
- Acknowledge/Greet each member with Welcome to Your Credit
- Appearance - Adhere to GreenState's Credit Union dress code
policy for front line staff
- Communication - Speak professionally and clearly. Use proper
vocabulary such as "Good Morning, Happy to help, Certainly,
- Individual Needs - Take ownership of member's issues and
creates a positive experience.
- Exceed Expectations - Always go above and beyond expectations
and performance requests with the smile, happy to help
- Confidence - Own your knowledge
- Thank you - Thank each member for their business and make them
- Promotes and implements GreenState's values:
- We Go Above and Beyond
- We're Truthful and Accountable
- We're Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
- We Embrace Continuous Improvement and Efficiency
- We Create Fun
- We Build Positive Team Spirit
- We Grow Through Learning
- We're Bold yet Humble
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision while following the
5 Star Service Standards.
- Sales - Responsible for achieving high sales expectations by
promoting all retail products and services.
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with
- Responsible for leading the branch in loans, deposits and all
other retail products and services.
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or join
- Profile each member to uncover opportunities for additional
- Responsible for structuring loan applications, working with
underwriters and adhering to all lending policies and
- Makes weekly outbound sales calls to members to increase
overall sales performance
- Performs all aspects of MSR position. This includes the ability
to accurately balance a cash drawer daily and a firm understanding
of all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling,
check handling, and identification.
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial
needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate GreenState
product and service or referring them to the specialized department
(Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, GreenState Insurance
etc.) to be served.
- Participates in promotions, contests, and other departmental
activities which support team goals.
- Responsible for sales of loan protection products.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and
procedures concerning deposit.
- Performs vault duties including cash ordering, balancing,
drawer audits, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
- Must have at least three years of similar or related experience
or 12 months in a successful MSC role with knowledge of all credit
union accounts and products with proven ability to handle a wide
variety of functions quickly and accurately.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to
represent the credit union in a positive and professional
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work assignments and
organize work efficiently. Must demonstrate good time management
skills to meet established deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Proven relationship building skills and techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and be able to
- Ability to maintain composure, and problem solve as they
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E
Act.Reporting RelationshipReports to the Vice President/ Branch
Manager as assigned.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is
not responsible for the supervision of other employees.Equal
Opportunity Employment StatementGreenState Credit Union is an
EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage
minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
for openings with the credit union.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, West Des Moines , Member Service Executive, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!