Executive Assistant I
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 13, 2020
UnityPoint Health's Executive Assistant will provide executive
level administrative support to enhance effectiveness of the
executive in meeting the business objectives of UnityPoint Health.
Manages day-to-day operations of the executives office, assuming
responsibility for meeting organization, prioritizing tasks,
maintaining an efficient and practical calendar. Assists with
analysis, daily functions and assignments while optimizing use of
resources. Uses creative decision making and independent judgment
in all aspects of this position. Administrative Support
- Reviews, analyzes, prioritizes and responds to incoming
correspondence. Transcribes dictation, maintains files, and
composes correspondence. Acts as a liaison to other associates,
outside agencies, community leaders and medical staff.
- Receives and responds to telephone calls on behalf of the Vice
President, obtaining detailed information for call that need
attention of other personnel and refers appropriately if necessary.
Ensures conflict resolution with difficult callers via telephone
and in-person by demonstrating proactive thinking and attentive
listening skills. Maintains pleasant and cooperative disposition at
- Maintains practical calendar, prioritizing meetings compliant
with needs and importance of meeting purpose, assuring all
corresponding documents are pulled together. Allows for flexibility
in the event issues require immediate attention and reschedules as
needed. Creates and maintains standing meetings appropriately on
calendar. Coordinates schedules with physicians, staff and outside
customers taking into consideration meeting areas. Attends and
assists Vice President at meetings/presentations as requested,
recording minutes when necessary. Reminds Vice President of special
circumstances surrounding upcoming meeting and/or location.
Communicates changes and upcoming events via email, voicemail and
- Composes correspondence, and responds to routine letters and
requests for information with errorless final drafts. Maintains
high quality/quantity of work. Transcribes dictation, PhoneMail,
Administrator on Duty (AOD) calls, etc., maintaining
confidentiality of privileged information.
- Develops and maintains current lists to include departmental
and PhoneMail distribution, standing meetings, specific task force
groups, committees, etc.
- Processes invoices, maintenance requests, check requests,
printing requests, expense reports and other forms according to
employer practice. Operations Management & Projects
- Develops requested presentation materials.
- Prepares and organizes information, materials for meetings.
Appropriately schedules meeting locations on and off site, selects
catering needs, and arranges for audiovisual aids. Prepares
notification, agendas and other reports as requested. Coordinates
conference calls as needed. Demonstrates critical thinking skills
and deals with unavoidable meeting conflicts in the event of Vice
- Independently plans and manages daily activities, prioritizing
assignments and anticipating needs of Vice President, utilizing
time management techniques and optimization of available resources.
Uses discretion and independent judgment in accomplishing
assignments and complete projects within assigned time period.
Demonstrates ability to consistently meet work demands remaining
flexible and adapting to the needs of the Vice President. Exhibits
willingness to assist in other functions and duties in special
circumstances as assigned.
- Supports Board Governance Committee including coordinating
meetings and taking minutes, correspondence to committee,
supporting CEO, VP serving as key staff, maintaining files and
developing presentation materials.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Vice President as well as
other personnel accompanying them, finalizing flight itineraries,
hotel reservations, car rentals, conference registrations, and
other special needs as requested. Prepares itinerary and
distributes airline tickets to all parties. Completes travel
expense report and maintains file for travel records.
- Maintains expense and budget reports for all areas of Vice
- Maintains confidential, accurate data and paper files, policy
books and records of employee attendance at educational
- Responsible for maintaining personnel records of Vice
Presidents direct reports in a confidential manner. Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate's degree or higher preferredExperience:
- 5 year's administrative experience
- Prior experience supporting an executive preferredSkills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to manage priorities and deadlines.
- Prior experience with Lawson enterprise system
preferred.Requisition ID: 2020-70629 Street: 1776 West Lakes Pkwy
Name: 9010 UnityPoint Health System Services Name: Finance &
Network Dev FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0 FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm External Company
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, West Des Moines , Executive Assistant I, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!