Treatment Coordinator, Ortho
Company: D4C Dental Brands
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: December 4, 2019
Treatment Coordinator, Ortho
Ortho - West Des Moines, IA
Job BriefThe Orthodontic Treatment Coordinator will spend time with
patients seeking Orthodontic care and answer questions related to
planned treatment and corresponding fees.
JOIN OUR ORGANIZATION...
D4C Dental Brands, Inc. is a dental support organization (DSO) that
supports affiliated pediatric dentists, general dentists, and
orthodontists in the Smiles For Life Network . We provide business
management expertise and administrative operations support, so
doctors can focus on their patients and clinical operations. Our
team is dedicated to helping children achieve a lifetime of great
oral health. Our locations offer an exciting and comforting
environment for patients as our specialists deliver best-in-class
care and treatment to all. Join us and take part in raising the
standard in children's oral healthcare!
The Orthodontic Treatment Coordinator serves as the financial and
insurance benefit expert to obtain a high percentage of treatment
acceptances from the patients. TC is responsible for following up
with patients, after the visit with the doctor, to ensure that all
questions, related to planned treatment and corresponding fees, are
This support is crucial to the delivery of the Company's mission of
helping children achieve a lifetime of great oral health.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educates patients on oral healthcare of braces and their
- Presents Orthodontic treatment plans and gives estimates of
treatment costs to obtain high treatment acceptance.
- Review and understands the patient's insurance benefits.
- Performs introductory phone calls for potential new patients
and works recall reports.
- Takes diagnostic x-rays, as needed.
- Delivers quality and compassionate care to every patient.
- Explains, promotes and adheres to the Company's payment
policies and procedures.
- Solicits referrals from patients pre/post treatment.
- Accurately charts and documents all notes pertaining to the
patient during the exam and treatment set forth by the Company
- Follows all administrative procedures and policies to ensure
- Attends and participates in all office meetings, continuing
education events and daily huddles.
- Contact patients/guarantors the day prior or the day of the
appointment regarding fees due and confirmation of the
- Prepares for each assigned office monthly Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs) and prioritizes day-to-day activities based on
- Assist front office coordinator(s) as needed.
- Complies with all of the laws and regulations, including HIPAA,
- Assist the Orthodontic Front Office Coordinator as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a high school degree or equivalent is
- Associates degree in Business or equivalent is preferred.
- Bilingual is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a professional, medical, or dental
environment with direct customer service is desired for at least
three (3) years.
- X-ray certification is preferred, but may obtained through the
SPECIFIC SKILLS: ---
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, ability
to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate with
a pleasant demeanor at all times.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with all
levels of employees and public.
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail,
ability to multitask and perform job duties in a timely manner.
- High Degree
- Strong computer skills, Word and Excel a must, and ability to
learn new programs as needed.
- High degree of initiative, accountability and independent
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: ---
- Walking, sitting, standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist,
turn, bend and stoop
- Dental office environment
- Travels between the assigned offices
- Work hours vary based on the specific office schedule and/or
Keywords: D4C Dental Brands, West Des Moines , Treatment Coordinator, Ortho, Other , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!