Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Technology Risk
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: July 11, 2019
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs
and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and
services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and
directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with
customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store,
online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers
directly, through systems availability and security, as well as
indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a
myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial
needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through
excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our
talented and engaged team members.
The Technology Risk Management (TRM) organization within EIT builds
the foundation for providing world-class risk management. Its
functions improve how we own, assess, manage, and report technology
risks, while ensuring that we have strong technology risk
expertise, employ the concept of risk management as a utility -
operationalizing for efficiency, and move us to progressive risk
management based on data and analytical processes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
We have an excellent opportunity for Operational Risk Consultants
in EIT Technology Risk Management for the following three
One role focuses on facilitating a third party risk governance
forum with key stakeholders to review higher risk third party
engagements within EIT to ensure risk is managed appropriately.
The primary responsibility for this position includes working with
subject matter experts (SME) and stakeholders to:
* Source and analyze third party relationship/engagement data
including risk assessment and vendor performance data.
* Summarize and present, key risks associated with third party
engagements and remediation plans.
* Pre-syndication of the meeting materials, address any questions
and prepare for the meeting.
* Run governance forum, field questions, respond to challenges,
* Assist in creating self-identified issues.
* Conduct follow-ups and escalate if necessary to appropriate
* Design and implement enhancements to the forum based on lessons
learned through the process or based on input.
The second role provides risk management coverage for the design,
implementation and post -implementation for a key initiative (Third
Party Embedded IT) to improve technology oversight over third
parties owned by business.
The primary responsibility for this position includes:
* Risk management coverage for third parties transitioned to EIT
post-implementation by reviewing aggregated view of risks from
assessments and vendor performance data to drive mitigation
strategies, and challenge risk acceptances as necessary.
* Evaluate and opine on the design changes implemented as part of
this key initiative such as new controls and technology risk
* Review management and Board reporting as well as participate in
project meetings to conduct a quarterly assessment of Third Party
Embedded IT initiative during implementation phase.
The third role supports a key initiative, Supplier Vendor
Management (SVM) Path to Effective, from Implementation through
The primary responsibility is to work with SVM Subject Matter
Experts (SMEs) and stakeholders to:
* Validate key components of the implementation plan, including
process documentation, metrics/KRIs, controls, RACI, policies and
standards to ensure process is clearly documented and managing the
* Update existing controls and/or develop new controls to manage
third party risk
* Monthly reporting and escalations to senior management and
Technology Production and Operations Committee
* Act as a focal point with SVM SMEs and stakeholders by
coordinating and attending periodic meetings to stay informed with
project progression and ensure timely execution
Post Implementation phase
* Periodically design, review and implement action plans to
* Assist process owner in defining and ongoing maintenance of
controls to ensure they are aligned to appropriate groups and that
they address significant risks with the SVM process
* Monitor controls to identify gaps and prevent, correct, detect
operational risk issues
* Develop and define metrics and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to
measure, monitor, report, and escalate risk
The successful candidate will have a well-rounded risk and
technical background with experience evaluating and addressing
third party risk. The candidate will need to understand technology
and third party risk concepts and controls. The candidate will need
to translate technical information to non-technical individuals in
oral and written formats.
* 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk
management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the
management of a process or business with accountability for
compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+
years of IT systems security, business process management or
financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must
include direct experience in compliance, operational risk
management, or a combination of both
* Experience developing and cultivating professional
* Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
* Ability to influence and collaborate at all internal
* Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal
supervision in a structured environment
* Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team
members and partners are in various time zones and locations
* Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and
* Professional presentation skills
* Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP),
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified
Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified in Risk and
Information Systems Control (CRISC)
* Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
* Experience communicating with business partners and project
* Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with
senior executive-level leaders
* Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
Other Desired Qualifications
* Knowledge and understanding of third party risk assessment
procedures, risk mitigation or risk remediation
* Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing
appropriate corrective actions.
* 7+ years' experience in a technology environment within the last
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with varying levels of
stakeholders across the organization.
* Experience leveraging data to understand trends, issues and drive
* Experience reviewing risk from assessment and vendor performance
data to develop and drive mitigations solutions.
* Experience with updating or developing new controls to manage
third party risk
* Experience with reporting escalations and comfortable presenting
to the Operations Committee
* Experience developing and defining KRI's
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines,
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the
candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Operational Risk Consultant 5 - Technology Risk, IT / Software / Systems , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!