Senior Database Analyst
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: February 14, 2019
- Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
- At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated individual to fill a Senior level DBA role in the Enterprise Core Services team to manage and support our enterprise encryption project. We are looking for an individual to provide one or more of the following:--- Provides the highest technical expertise for the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases with a focus on data protection. --- Provide technical leadership in support of solutions for data protection, which include encryption, data masking, data scrubbing, data rationalization, and access and control. --- Performs database audit and compliance support activities. Familiar with database encryption solutions, access and control process and procedures. Database encryption and audit capabilities for monitoring and sustainment. Familiar with vendor provided database encryption solutions for various levels of protection. Handles and leads the most complex or critical data/ database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups,,including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling. Provides oversight,mentoring and leadership to less experienced staff.Plans, analyzes, designs, implements, maintains, and controls the organization's databases with a main focus on Teradata, MS SQL Server and Oracle. Consults with and provides guidance to database users and client groups, often recommending tactical and strategic solutions.Collaborates and provides input with other database analysts, where applicable, including troubleshooting and escalated issues.Act as a consultant with Application Development team to support programming and database object management business needs.Recommend initiative/programming alternatives to meet the project needs as well as utilize existing hardware to its maximum capacity. May participate in the development of data/ database architectures and management policies, procedures and standards
- 3+ years of data warehouse experience
- 3 + years of database auditing or database administration experience
- 10+ years of database design and administration experience
- 2+ years of performance tuning experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr - Shoreview, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Senior Database Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!