Lead Rate Engine Programmer
Company: Farm Bureau Financial Services
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Lead Rate Engine ProgrammerWe are seeking a Lead Rate Engine Programmer to develop and maintain an optimally performing rate engine by programming, testing, and preparing changes to be distributed to the rate engine calculator based on Research & Development requirements. In this role, you will help drive our company's success by developing, testing, and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of rating information in order to provide accurate and efficiency rating processes.Who We Are: With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We're proud of our more than 75-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.What You'll Do: As the Lead Rate Engine Programmer, you will develop, recommend and implement rating information to provide accurate and efficiency rating processes. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, test, and maintain the accuracy and integrity of rates, factors, and algorithms in all P/C rate engines with minimal or no supervision
- Troubleshoot rate engine issues and recommend solutions to development and production issues
- Give guidance and direction, as needed, to inform and educate staff on rate engine technical matters
- Collaborate with P/C Research and Development staff to interpret and analyze complex business problems
- Conduct research and maintain high level of knowledge in rate engine operations and new technologies
- Manage special or complex projects regarding the rate engine as requested What It Takes To Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent plus 7+ years of relevant experience required, including 5 years experience with property & casualty insurance preferred. CPCU designation is a plus.
- Understanding of insurance rate engines and their programming and development. Knowledge of additional programming languages preferred
- Proven decision making and analytical abilities required
- Strong project leadership skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with internal and external customers and partners.
- Advanced knowledge and substantial working experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Must be a self-starter who is detail orientated and able to prioritize and plan for the completion of multiple tasks.What We Offer You: When you're on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You'll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, casual Fridays and teams who know how to have fun. Add to that an onsite wellness facility with fitness classes and programs, a daycare center, a cafeteria, and even an onsite medical clinic. Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!If you're interested in joining a company that appreciates its employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!
Keywords: Farm Bureau Financial Services, West Des Moines , Lead Rate Engine Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!