Manager, Software Development In Test
Company: John Deere & Company
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: January 26, 2023
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050,
there will be 2 billion more many moving into urban centers at an
unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and
infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all
about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and
our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds
are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one
person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Ankeny
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Manager, Software Development In Test - 93506
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
As a Manager, Software Development in Test for John Deere
Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) located in Urbandale, IA, you
will lead a team of Test Automation Software Engineers in on-time
delivery of automated test objectives and test results.
- Supervise internal and contract teams responsible for automated
test development for embedded SW displays and controllers
- Provide strategic vision, direction, and leadership for
delivery of continuous integration and test pipelines for immediate
- Influence strategic direction/own overall goals of automated
test objectives across division
- Coordinate and communicate with various teams on test
infrastructure, test requests, and test automation initiatives
- Develop the talent of individual team members
- Plan and monitor budget allocation across projects and
contracts. VISA Sponsorship is available for this position
What Skills You Need (Required skills/experiences)
- Demonstrated skills in software development (preferred) system
engineering, project management, or product verification
- Strong communication skills and high accountability.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Proven decision-making skills related to complex system
- Experience bringing projects through all phases of development
from requirements to production.
What Makes You Stand Out (Desired skills/experiences)
- Demonstrated experience managing projects involving 3 teams or
- In-depth knowledge of Deere Precision Ag products and machine
- Experience leading a team of individual contributors.
- Expertise in one or more programming/scripting languages,
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work
experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer
Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
Engineering, or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take
you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team
environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new
projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced
tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you
get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the
Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for
personal use Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards
The information contained herein is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required
of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in
this job description are not considered the minimum requirements
necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions
administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control.
Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or
terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the
right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company
and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made
by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent
authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere
& Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict
between the language of the official Plan Documents and this
document, the language of the official Plan Documents will
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The
John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable
Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Keywords: John Deere & Company, West Des Moines , Manager, Software Development In Test, IT / Software / Systems , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!