Human Resource Support Specialist
Company: GuideOne Insurance
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: August 13, 2019
GuideOne serves one mission: to make the world a better place. Our
Human Resources department brings this mission to life, every day.
By supporting our family of employees with beneficial, relevant
policies, procedures and programs, Human Resources empower them to
perform at their peak. When there are no barriers to performance,
we are fully focused on helping our members make positive change in
their communities, society and the world. The Human Resources
Support Specialist provides ongoing support for our Human
Resources, Talent Acquisition & Talent Development areas. The HR
Support Specialist is vital to the success of the Human Resources
team and will have opportunities to learn various areas with
exceptional growth opportunity. Our ideal HR Support Specialist
will be passionate about organization, have excellent communication
abilities, have advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, and enjoy
a high amount of variety in their day. If that sounds like you,
this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for! Our culture
is nimble, reliable, fun, passionate and courageous-a culture Human
Resources protects, promotes and champions. We are a community for
good and the Human Resource team is instrumental in making sure
this community remains active, satisfied and rewarded. As the Human
Resource Specialist, you will: Human Resources Business Partner
- Monitor the employee inbox and escalate questions to policy or
issues to the appropriate HR SME
- Scan new hire paperwork to the Electronic Content Management
- Participate in HR system testing, maintenance and reporting of
- Prepare monthly and adhoc reports and queries from HRIS. Export
data in Excel and analyze findings.
- Prepare employee data loads for recognition program, employee
new hire and exit surveys, and Learning Management System.
- Send New Hire and Exit Surveys to employees. Prepare and sends
- Provide support on employee communications, engagement and
culture work. Provide Talent Acquisition Support:
- Assist in posting positions in Applicant Tracking System and
setting up question sets.
- Provide assistance with sourcing candidates.
- Assist in running reports in Applicant Tracking System.
- Collect and process new hire paperwork, send new hire
checklist. Learning & Development Support:
- Set up of courses/classes in the Learning Management
- Run reports in the Learning Management System as needed.
- Administer the Educational Assistant Program.
- Oversee duplication and preparation of learning materials.
- Facilitate new hire orientation meetings as needed. Education
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in business administration, human
resources management, or related field, or equivalent work
- Two years related experience in human resource/capital
management information system data entry, maintenance,
recordkeeping and employee benefits administration.
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables, v-lookup, formulas
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently;
prioritize in a matrixed environment, taking work direction from
- Highly organized with a strong attention to numeric and other
- Strong PC skills using a human capital management system;
proven accuracy of data entry and timely completion of work.
- Ability to convey clear, concise information to others, using
verbal, written or other appropriate communication techniques.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to use common concepts, practices and
procedures within the HR field.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations applicable to human
resources and employee benefit administration.
- General understanding of, COBRA, 401(k) programs, FMLA and
- Proficient use of MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
Outlook.Intermediate/advanced Excel skills preferred. About
GuideOne: GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies
that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and
a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets. At
GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest
asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and
succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing
Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
- Churches and Houses of Worship
- Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Organizations
- Schools and Higher Education Institutions
- Non-Profit Organizations Rich Benefits Package:
- A "Dress for your Day" environment
- 401K includes up to 7% match at 100%
- Generous time off programs including; personal, holiday, and
volunteer paid time off
- Flexible work schedules promoting a work/life balance
- Full onsite cafeteria, open every day for breakfast and lunch
with subsidized pricing
- Wellness program and incentives
- Free Basic Life & AD&D
- Free short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Educational assistance program
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs,
including dental and vision
- Various employee events throughout the year
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities
- Free parking, employee gardens, and so much more! No
immigration sponsorship is offered for this position This Company
Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required EOE
Keywords: GuideOne Insurance, West Des Moines , Human Resource Support Specialist, Human Resources , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!