HR Business Partner Leader
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Job DescriptionPreferred locations: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN;
Des Moines, IA. Other major WF hubs considered.
About Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs
and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people
who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join
our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired
to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team
includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services,
Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management,
Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the
professional services teams that partner with these businesses.
PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and
deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings
to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding
principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner
Corporate Human Resources develops and implements people strategies
to support Wells Fargos business objectives. This group manages
compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems
and payroll, finance, team member relations and assistance, talent
management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work
together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice, where
people are our competitive advantage. Our operating foundation is
based on our ability to operate efficiently, develop HR team
members, strengthen controls, and scale technology
This HR Business Partner Leader role provides leadership to a team
of Sr. Human Resource Business Partners aligned with three business
lines within Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation: Cards and
Retail Services; Treasury, Merchant and Payment Solutions; and the
Deposit Products Group. The role is responsible for developing
human resources strategies using an integrated and strategic
approach that enables the team to meet their immediate and future
goals. This role will report to the HR Senior Leader for Payments,
Virtual Solutions and Innovation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategy, direction and leadership to ensure
successful development and implementation of human capital
initiatives throughout Cards and Retail Services, Treasury,
Merchant and Payment Solutions, and Deposit Products Group.
- Utilizing comprehensive understanding of business and
enterprise goals to identify needs, opportunities, solutions and
risks relating to HR programs and services, workforce productivity
and engagement, organizational design and performance, talent
management, and diversity and inclusion.
- Working with executive management team to identify key talent,
build leadership competencies and a high performing
- Leading an integration strategy to support organizational
change efforts that focus on building and fostering an inclusive
culture and strong team member experience.
- Collaborating with HR and other business and functional
partners to ensure alignment and consistency with enterprise
projects, policies and operational decisions.
- Ensuring strong collaboration with centers of expertise
including Compensation, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition,
Talent Management and Planning, HR Compliance/Risk Management, and
Organizational Development in order to execute on the strategic
plans for the business.
- Briefing senior managers and executives concerning matters of
significance to the organization and providing executive coaching
and consultation to the executive management team.
- Leading a team of high performing HR professionals, with both
direct and matrixed accountabilities.
- Actively embracing the HR Operating Model by ensuring alignment
and implementation of targeted roles, partnerships, models and
agreements, with internal partners at multiple levels of the
organization and across a highly-matrixed organizational
- Managing a team of experienced, geographically distributed HR
professionals, as well as having accountability for ensuring
connectivity across the HR COEs and US HR Consulting teams.
- Ensuring consistent and cohesive execution of business
priorities, timely and effective execution of critical programs and
projects, as well as overall HR operating model cohesiveness and
- Effectively identifying and developing strategies to mitigate
human capital risk issues in HRs role as a Control function.
This strategic and collaborative leader must be capable of
initiating action and managing change. The role demands a
persuasive, effective communicator who can position Human Resources
as an indispensable business partner. It requires a leader with
strong relationship management and influencing skills who can
directly and indirectly manage a globally dispersed team. A key
differentiator will be the ability to understand and navigate
successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed environment. The role
requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal
accountability for achievement
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by
leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where
your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work
that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing
and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and
feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and
managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the
following: human resources, organizational development; or
consulting in business, management, non-profit, government or
- 8+ years of management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 15 or more years of direct, relevant and recent experience in a
large corporate, multi-business HR or line organization. Successful
experience in providing outstanding HR client support as a trusted,
business-driven, results-oriented leader to include progressively
more responsible HR management experience.
- Direct, relevant and recent experience working with multiple
large, multi-faceted financial services clients in a fast paced
- Documented ability to link management of human capital with
business results, translating data and analysis to drive business
- Demonstrated experience in providing outstanding HR client or
business support as a trusted, business focused, results oriented
- Excellent consulting, influencing, partnering and coaching
abilities with business executives/leaders and HR partners.
- Track record of identifying and mitigating human capital risk
across a geographically distributed and regulated
- Proven success in building and leading a team of high
performing professionals, motivating and mobilizing both direct and
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic vision and forward
thinking and effectively align resources to deliver results.
- Superb collaboration skills across multiple levels and
functions with demonstrated success through decision making and in
- Demonstrated track record of large change leadership and
management, including organizational development, learning and
development, team engagement, compliance and risk management,
talent planning, succession planning, diversity initiatives and
- Proven ability to successfully execute initiatives, manage
projects, and drive for results.
- Full understanding of the Wells Fargo vision and values,
competitive strengths, industry dynamics, theory and application of
financial analysis and statistics.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Masters Degree or higher in Business, HR or a related
DisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent
upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal
background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates
with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including
Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , HR Business Partner Leader, Human Resources , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!