Compliance Consultant 5
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Job DescriptionAt Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the companys compliance independent risk management function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements); meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
The Enterprise Functions Compliance team is responsible for performing independent compliance risk management activities for the corporate staff functions of Wells Fargo including Enterprise Finance, Technology, Audit, the Legal Department, Corporate Risk, Human Relations, and Stakeholder Relations/Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations. In addition, the group oversees regulatory requirements aligned to other risk functions as well as numerous regulations and compliance programs that cross multiple lines of business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Risk professional to join the Enterprise Functions team and play a significant role conducting compliance risk-management oversight for Enterprise Functions. As part of the role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating the business programs ability to identify and understand applicable risks, including regulatory source expectations, as well as the functions risk management practices to assess, mitigate, and oversee effective control of these risks through governance, policies, procedures, training and awareness, metrics and reporting, and issue identification and escalation. This position will play a role in engaging appropriate subject matter experts (SMEs) to assist with the assessment and mitigation of risks related to enterprise functions, as well as interact with other risk professionals on our team. This team member is responsible for the maintenance and quality of assigned regulatory portfolio of authoritative sources in SHRP (Wells Fargos risk platform and tool set), and may conduct periodic, enterprise-wide community of practice sessions and drive compliance policy adherence. The Compliance Consultants scope of coverage will include the Chief Administrative Office/Human Resources.
Preferred location is posted, however will consider other Wells Fargo locations.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience supporting Human Resource regulations in a large financial institution including Employment and Labor Standards, Interagency Guidance on Sound Incentive Compensation Policies, Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity, ADA, HIPAA/HITECH, ERISA, USERRA, FLSA, COBRA, Medicare, FMLA, State Employment Laws, IRS Tax, etc
- Demonstrated experience implementing compliance programs that support adherence to financial services regulations and/or prudential regulatory guidance
- Ability to integrate end-to-end business process knowledge and assessment into oversight activities
- Proven experience in all aspects of executing a new policy, process and methodology or significant enhancement of same in a significantly complex environment
- Experience with conducting risk assessments, assessing the adequacy of policies, procedures, processes, and compliance and operational controls in a significantly large and complex organization
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of multiple risk disciplines
- Understanding of enterprise regulatory requirements & guidance applicable to systemically important financial institutions (SIFIs)
- Experience overseeing projects and creating process work flow across a global institution
- Ability to effectively identify and articulate risks, issues and associated root causes
- Ability to respond quickly to changing job demands
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently, clearly and explicitly condense complex information and scenarios to essential elements for executive recommendations & consumption
- Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships with multiple stakeholders that result in specific and meaningful improvements to risk management
- Advanced Degree (Masters, MBA, or JD)
DisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Keywords: Wells Fargo, West Des Moines , Compliance Consultant 5 , Human Resources , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!