Communications Advisor & Trainer
Company: Wixted & Company
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Wixted & Company, a full-service communication strategy, counsel
and training firm, is looking to hire a communication advisor and
trainer to join our growing team. We have a results-oriented
culture that values professionalism, collaboration, kindness, and
resilience. This position is integral to the day-to-day operations
within our firm, and the chosen candidate will be responsible for
conducting communication training sessions, enacting communication
strategies, providing counsel, handling trade/industry media
relations and writing content for various client communication
As a top 100 communications agency, our success is driven by
delivering real results for our clients. At Wixted, we are
committed to delivering the best experience for our clients and
providing team members with a great place to work, build a career
and grow within the firm. You will be working with a smart,
friendly group of people who love what they do and appreciate our
* Competitive compensation and benefits
* Hybrid work schedule that supports work-life balance
* Professional development opportunities
* Promotion and growth opportunities
If you are looking for a career-defining opportunity, share similar
values and are ready to make a difference, look no further. Wixted
is where top communicators want to work, stay and grow their
The ideal candidate will possess a client service mentality, strong
presentation and communication coaching skills, strong writing,
communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to
multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The success of a candidate
in this position will lie in their attention to detail, discipline
in processes and the ability to assist team members and deliver
multiple requests to clients under hard deadlines. As a
client-facing team member, the candidate will need to have a
friendly, outgoing attitude coupled with an engaging presence,
strong problem-solving abilities and a willingness to travel.
*In this role, responsibilities include: *
* Communicate with clients as the main point of contact for
selected accounts. Excellent verbal communication skills are
required, including experience putting strategic communication
counsel in writing.
* Conduct communication training programs - leadership,
presentation, media and tailored curriculum - to strengthen the
communication skills of clients. This candidate must be comfortable
and thrive on presenting in front of a large group and
* Develop, manage and implement training content, including
research, reading and creating slides for use in training programs
offered by the company.
* Manage training content library, including PowerPoint slides and
video examples, keeping information up-to-date and serving as the
go-to source for content and recent best practices.
* Create written materials, including strategic communication
plans, news releases, talking points and other collateral for
client use. Outstanding business writing skills are required.
* Research, create and pitch client stories to the media, working
with outlets across the country to garner media results.
* Develop and provide media lists and reports for clients, using
Meltwater, Google, etc.
* Ability to think conceptually and strategically to develop
written materials that will help drive business results.
* Team player with a focus on high-energy, and a friendly and
engaging internal and client communication style.
*Skills, Knowledge and Abilities*
* Experience working IN the media.
* Previous communication training and/or communication plan writing
experience strongly preferred.
* Experience managing multiple projects on tight deadlines.
* The ability and willingness to travel is a requirement of this
* High-energy and engaging internal and client communication
* Exceptional in all Microsoft Office products, including Excel and
Five or more years of experience working IN the media.
Four-year college degree in journalism, public relations or a
similar field required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $75,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
Work Location: Hybrid remote in West Des Moines, IA
Keywords: Wixted & Company, West Des Moines , Communications Advisor & Trainer, Human Resources , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!