Banquet Utility - Part Time
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Job Title: Banquet Utility FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department:The Ron Pearson Center Revision Date: 11/16
Will be crossed trained in multiple banquet functions including
dishwasher, bar back, server, banquet preparation, and other duties
as assigned. The shifts will be scheduled by the Ron Pearson
Center's (RPC) Banquet Captains based upon the individual needs of
each event. Hours will vary. Flexible schedule and some weekend
availability is a must.
Reports to: Banquet Captains
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Banquet Server
- Will be cross trained on service standards by Banquet
- May be scheduled for server shifts by Banquet Captains
depending on event needs.
- Proactively provides prompt and friendly customer service by
exhibiting manners, care, respect, and patience in all
- Greet guests with a smile and eye contact in every area of
- Maintains a sense of urgency, approachable presence, and
- Serves food and beverages during event while accommodating
- Maintains strict adherence to RPC guidelines grooming,
appearance, and dress code
- Maintains compliance of food safety and sanitation
- Dishwasher Operator
- Will be cross trained on dish operation by a full time RPC
- Assist RPC dishwashers in post event and/or corporate dishes
- May be scheduled for dish shifts by Banquet Captains depending
on event needs.
- Event Bar Back
- Will be cross trained on bar backing by Banquet Captains.
- May be scheduled for bar back shifts by Banquet Captains
depending on event needs.
- A bar back is a bartender's assistant who stocks liquor, ice,
glassware, beer, garnishes, and any other needs of bartenders.
- Banquet Preparation
- Set up banquet rooms as per instructions of the banquet captain
- Covering tables with linens.
- Table place settings and general banquet setup (will vary
depending on event)
- Arrangement of place settings.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in other areas of RPC as assigned by Banquet
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Effective communicator
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal
- Ability to process verbal and demonstrated instructions
- Ability to communicate identifying information
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, up
to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with without correction, depth, perception, color
vision and field of vision.
- Must be able to fit and walk in confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb, balance, kneel, reach, stand, walk,
pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear and perform repetitive
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of
The duties of the Banquet Utility individual are conducted in a
conference center setting. This environment is fast paced and labor
intensive and requires significant contact and communication with
management, coworkers, customers, and outside vendors. Great
attention to customer service is the forefront of this
Standard tools used in a serving environment and dishwasher
Has frequent contact with general public and customers.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, West Des Moines , Banquet Utility - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!