Website Merchandiser Aisles Online - Full Time
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 15, 2019
Job Title: Website Merchandiser - Aisles Online FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the presentation of content for digital products, including websites and mobile apps. Assists in developing and assuring application of strategies to improve promotion of digital products to increase audience engagement.
Accountable and Reports to: GVP, eCommerce Technology
Positions that Report to you: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the daily operation of the company's ecommerce website (Aisles Online) and other web properties.
- Maintains and revises website graphics, content, files and directories, including key word search and categorizing of products.
- Audits and updates existing website content, looking for opportunities for improvement.
- Enhances content with necessary images, titles and descriptions to enhance and improve merchandising of products, including weekly ad promotions.
- Researches customer concerns and troubleshoots customer and store support issues.
- Tests new ecommerce initiatives to assure favorable customer experience.
- Educates employees on best practices and assists with troubleshooting issues.
- Maintains knowledge of computers and associated applications.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
- Participates in company and team meetings.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent, with 1-2 years' experience in a similar position. Emphasis on computer experience preferred.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near range with or without correction.
- Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: occasionally lifting or carrying objects of no more than 10 pounds, and occasionally standing or walking.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Ability to interact with computer systems including; word processing, spreadsheet and email applications, as well as job-specific programs.
- Ability to learn new computer systems quickly and proficiently
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote the values of the company
- Good verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and interact with people in a friendly, professional manner; team player
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute solutions
The duties of this position are performed in a general office setting. There is weekly pressure to meet deadlines.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Standard office equipment including telephone, copier, fax, PC with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Has daily contact with stores, suppliers/vendors, and the general public.
Confidentiality: Has access to confidential information including knowledge of advertising rates, pricing information, and store sales.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, West Des Moines , Website Merchandiser Aisles Online - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!