Retail Fitness Lead
Company: DICK'S Sporting Goods
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Description On our team, everyone plays a critical role
providing genuine, helpful and friendly service to help our
athletes perform at their best and enjoy their sport. We're
committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce,
reflecting the communities we serve. This role is an opportunity to
make a difference and join the world's greatest sports team.The
Fitness Lead is a technically focused role that prioritizes a
health + wellness lifestyle, creating a differentiated experience
specifically to those interested in fitness products. This
individual will put from personal experiences and leverage product
knowledge to create wholistic recommendations based on the
- Meets the athlete where they are in their fitness journey,
creating a tailored and unparalleled customer service experience;
adapting sales style appropriately. Leverages fitness expertise to
provide recommendations that meets the athlete's needs /
- Communicates extensive product knowledge with a clear and
compelling in-depth explanation of product features and benefits;
also stays current with industry technology and insights.
- Helps athletes see what's possible by clearly positioning the
added benefits and value of an at-home fitness space.
- Gathers an understanding of the available area within the
athlete's living accommodations in order to accurately outfit the
space with fitness equipment / products (either for short or
long-term space transformation).
- Aligns complimentary workout accessories, and if appropriate,
fitness regimens and pre/post workout techniques in order to create
a wholistic fitness bundle.
- Walks athletes through available financing options, outlining
an alternative payment approach to large purchases.
- Ensures the fitness pad is accurately set by flawlessly
executing the game plan (i.e. presentation of merchandise).
- Assist store management team with general supervision and
directing on-floor work assignments of fitness area.
- Lead and clearly communicate company objectives to associates,
and provide on-floor training to all associates.
- Support and develop associates through regular coaching and
feedback. As needed, assist in other areas within the store.All
Teammates are required to adhere to all safety policies and
procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may
- 2 years of fitness related experience required.
- 1 year of retail experience preferred, but not require DICK'S
Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to
Inclusion and Diversity.
Keywords: DICK'S Sporting Goods, West Des Moines , Retail Fitness Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!