Host / Hostess
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job DescriptionThrive Restaurant Group is a family-owned
restaurant company that's been in business for over 50 years, and
we're looking for the next member of our family. We are committed
to making a difference in the lives of the people we serve and the
communities in which we live. If you want to work in a fun family
atmosphere and are interested in learning business, leadership, and
hospitality, this is the place for you.In Applebee's, we're known
as Legacy Apple. Applebee's has become synonymous with the
neighborhood, which inspires us to be a good neighbor in the
communities we serve, not just a great place to eat. Whether we're
helping save a high school prom, or raising money for children
battling cancer, we've given over $5 million to strengthen the
lives and relationships in our communities. Our guiding value is
"Be a Good Neighbor".Role: HostInvitation: To make a difference by
loving people with a bright smile. You'll be responsible for
enthusiastically greeting guests as they arrive and depart from the
restaurant. You'll assist guests to their seats and maintain the
overall guest flow of the restaurants -- all with a caring sense of
hospitality so whether a guest is starting or ending their
experience, it's in a positive way.Specific Functions and
- Opens door for guests arriving and departing. (40%*)
- Accommodates any special needs of guests, i.e., boosters,
highchairs, disabilities. (35%*)
- Manages the Wait List when the restaurant is full. (10%*)
- Provides guest assistance to servers as needed. (5%*)
- Maintains a clean and organized work area and completes
cleaning as assigned. (5%*)
- Invites all guests back for another experience.
- A desire to care for others, grow, and learn.
- A positive attitude.
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.
- Transports and carries objects (such as high-chair) up to 15
pounds up to 15
- times a shift.
- Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off
the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the
restaurant.Physical Requirements:There are physical demands that
come with this role. To be successful in this role you'll be
regularly required to 1) navigate throughout the restaurant and
communicate with guests, 2) move and grasp items up to five pounds,
3) occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, 4) bend and
stoop. You must have adequate vision to be able to discern
cleanliness throughout the restaurant and operate a touchscreen. To
perform these essential functions, reasonable accommodations may be
made if you have disabilities.Thrive Restaurant Group is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Tennessee locations use E-Verify per state
requirements. In this role you are paid the tip credit minimum
wage, plus tips. This is an average estimate, only, and actual take
home pay varies based on availability.
Keywords: Applebee's, West Des Moines , Host / Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!