Company: Loving Cup, LLC dba Scooter's Coffee
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Established in 1998, Scooter's Coffee has distinguished itself
as one of the premiere specialty coffee companies in the industry.
Scooter's Coffee may be one of the fastest-growing specialty coffee
brands, but simplicity is at our core: sustainably-sourced
ingredients we handcraft into perfection. We believe in taking time
to connect and create an amazing experience in each life we touch.
At Scooter's Coffee we live our core values of integrity, love,
humility and courage and we are looking for talented, passionate,
amazing people to join our team.DISTRICT MANAGERBasic/Required
QualificationsHigh school diploma or GEDValid driver's
licenseSpecific RequirementsAbility to stand a minimum 8
hoursAbility to lift, push and pull up to 50 poundsAbility to
frequently climb or use authorized equipment to reach various
heightsAbility to frequently and repetitively
bend/stoop/squatAbility to differentiate between colors (color
vision)Manual dexterity to operate operation equipmentThis position
has a residency requirement. You must reside within a 30-mile
radius of the assigned operations city.Responsibilities of District
Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Leading & Coaching Store Managers & Barista Team Members in
- Strive to create an amazing experience for each life you touch
- Uphold Loving Cup core values of Integrity, Love, Courage and
Humility at all times.
- Hire and train Store Managers for each store in your District &
facilitate the hiring and training of barista team members for your
stores. Intentionally developing future leaders within Loving
- Maintain confident, positive demeanor during stressful
- Monitor Store Manager performance and build team morale.
- Coach and provide instruction to Store Managers in your
District on a regular basis. Coach them on the difference between
absolutes and styles in their stores.
- Teach them how to hold team members accountable to all company
policies and procedures and do the same for them.
- Provide constant feedback to motivate and improve store
- Conduct monthly one on one meetings with each Store Manager in
- Uphold team morale by discouraging drama and encouraging a
strong team spirit.
- Coach Store Managers on what constitutes an emergency and what
decisions should be handled without the need for a call.
- Handle disciplinary action with Store Managers and Barista team
members as needed. Contact the Director of Operations and HR if
termination of a Store Manager is necessary.
- Paperwork Tasks & MeetingsScheduling
- Make sure store schedules are posted in stores in your District
no later than Tuesday by 5:00p for the following week.
- Make sure your monthly calendar is in place and sent over to
the Director of Operations by the final day of the previous month
for the upcoming month.
- Inventory & Harvest Order - Oversight of inventory and Harvest
orders every week. Making sure that orders are submitted on time in
your market and that inventory is being completed prior to
- Labor and COGS Budget Management - Make sure stores in your
District are properly staffed and able to fully fill labor guides.
Monitor Labor Guides and reach out to the Director of Operations
when Labor Guides need to be shifted to adequately deliver the
amazing's on every shift.
- Deposits and Cash Handling - Make sure store deposits are being
made every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for stores in your
District. Monitor daily cash overage/shortage and follow up with
appropriate Store Managers or team members when necessary. Should
be under no more than $10.00/month.
- Goal Setting - Oversee the submitting of store sales goals each
month for all stores in District.
- Interviewing, Hiring & Training - Conduct interviews and hire
quality team members as needed. Keeping in mind the need to
constantly be bringing in Barista, Shift Lead, MIT, Assistant and
Store Manager candidates that fit company culture.
- Loving Cup Email - Check Loving Cup email address daily (Monday
- Friday) and respond promptly (during your scheduled working
hours) to emails from Scooter's Coffee or Loving Cup Leadership
Team. Communicate important information to team members.
- Meet in person with Director of Operations Quarterly and via
Microsoft Teams video chat every other week - Use good judgement to
determine when to contact the Director of Operations, outside of
meetings and store visits, to assist with store or employee
situations that may arise
- Attend weekly Above Store Leader calls - be prepared to share
recent wins, struggles or initiatives that are happening in your
- Follow up emails are sent daily, after you have been in a store
for a morning rush. Copy the Director of Operations on these
- Other duties as assigned, to continue the growth and
advancement of Loving Cup.Store Cleanliness
- Maintain clean stores and a friendly environment - ensure all
deep cleaning and daily cleaning is handled by staff.Same Store
- Speed & Consistency - strive for under 40 second window times
or the delivery of over 100 "smiles per hour" during peak
- True North - We sell high quality, high margin drinks, through
a drive thru lane fast and friendly. Make sure this is being
executed in all stores.
- Uphold the Amazing's - amazing people, serving amazing drinks,
- Upselling - Make sure the triple upsell is being executed on
every transaction in your stores - drink size, food, and drink
- Growing Store Sales - grow store sales at a rate that beats the
Scooter's System Average on a monthly basis or that hits the bonus
requirement for each of your locations on a monthly basisHAVE FUN,
COACH YOUR TEAM, & MAKE THE DAY OF THOSE AROUND YOU!The functions
and skills described here are general in nature and represent the
type of work performed, but they do not constitute an exhaustive
list of the duties and responsibilities performed on the job.
Keywords: Loving Cup, LLC dba Scooter's Coffee, West Des Moines , District Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!