RN - Emergency Department - FT.9 (6:30pm-7am)
Company: Mercy Medical Center
Location: Des Moines
Posted on: October 18, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY: Providesprofessional emergency nursing care for
acutely ill and injured patientsincorporating the nursing process
of all age groups including neonates, infants,children,
adolescents, adults, and geriatrics.?Provides patient and family
education.?Serves as a patient advocate and liaison with other
health careproviders.? Serves as a preceptor for newemployees and
students. ?ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Applies professional emergency nursing skills in the care and
treatmentof acutely ill and injured patients utilizing the nursing
process of assessment,planning, implementation, and
- Promotes patient-centered care through:
- Respect of the patient?s values, preferences, and expressed
- Coordination and integration of care
- Information, communication, and education
- Physical comfort
- Emotional support and alleviation of fear and anxiety
- Involvement of family and friends
- Transition and continuity
- Collaborates with the patient, significantothers, and ancillary
departments to create a multidisciplinary healthcare teamwhose goal
is to provide care that is continuous and well-coordinated.
- Provides for actual and anticipated education needs and
includeseducation to meet these needs in the plan of care.
- Communicates proactively to the healthcare team the plan of
care, changesin the patient?s condition, the patient?s progress,
the discharge plan, andother relevant information.
- Must quickly, efficiently, and calmly respond to emergent and
- Manages the complex care of critically ill and injured
- Triages patients quickly and efficiently per the Emergency
Department?spolicies specific to Triage. ?
- Documents a comprehensive patient record that is organized and
complete,reflecting all aspects of nursing care provided.
- Anticipates patient?s needs and assists the provider during
theexamination and procedures.
- Provides psychological support based on assessed need.
- Utilizes multiple teaching methods.?Discharge instructions are
reviewed and understanding acknowledged bythe patient/family.
- Assess community resources as indicated.
- Supervises Emergency Department Technicians.
- Serves as a preceptor for students and employees (i.e.
EMS,nursing, new employees).
- Checks and maintains medical equipment and supplies.
- Works independently using the Nurse Practice Act, hospital
policies, andprofessional judgment.? Makesrecommendations to
improve the Emergency Department?s Standards of Care.Position Type:
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of acurrent or compact state license as a registered
nurse issued/defined by theState of Iowa.?
- One year of RN experience preferred ORnew graduate if the
candidate has completed senior nursing preceptorship atMercy
Emergency or previous experience as an emergency department
technician orexperience in a pre-hospital environment.
- Proof ofcompletion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training
specific to population served within3 months of hire.
- Basic LifeSupport (BLS) certified within six (6) weeks of
hire.? Acceptable credentialing bodies andcertifications include
American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuerand American
Heart Association Basic Life Support.
- Completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
within 6 monthsof hire. Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0246965
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center
Keywords: Mercy Medical Center, West Des Moines , RN - Emergency Department - FT.9 (6:30pm-7am), Healthcare , Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!