Div VP- Chief Clinical Officer
Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: West Des Moines
Posted on: March 12, 2019
Job Summary:This is a key executive management position responsible for providing strong leadership and focused direction in the development and measurement of Mercy Health Network s (MHN s) approach to clinical quality, performance improvement, consumer experience, patient outcomes and patient safety. Our vision is to set the standard for a personalized and radically convenient system of health services. The Chief Clinic Officer is responsible for aligning our more than 20,000 colleagues from clinics, medical centers and affiliate partners to provide personalized excellent care. An incumbent:
- Works collaboratively with clinical and executive leadership to lead and guide strategic/tactical planning efforts, and to foster/reinforce a sustainable quality/patient safety-aware culture that proactively seeks opportunities for performance improvement designed to continually raise the bar on quality and consumer experience.
- Provides clinical division-level leadership in assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating strategies/initiatives/programs which address quality issues (e. g. underuse, overuse, misuse and variation in the use of health care services), expand/integrate existing operations to meet new priorities/challenges/requirements, address/alleviate gaps in current services programs/resources, maximize effective utilization of resources and enhance outcomes/service satisfaction of all identified customer groups.As a key member of the MHN Leadership team, provides effective strategic vision, leadership and direction from a quality and consumer experience perspective in the overall management of the organization, and collaborates with other leadership team members in the common goal of standardization, integration and enhancement of the continuum of services available within designated clinical area(s) and participates in the company-wide evaluation of processes and practices to determine the need for change to accommodate shifting business priorities, conditions and objectives.Work also includes: 1) overseeing the development/administration of the quality plan; 2) actively participating in the optimization of the electronic health record to maximize quality outcomes and clinical effectiveness; 3) developing/implementing/monitoring quality improvement initiatives to enhance/streamline current procedures/processes and take advantage of system-wide synergies; 3) establishing and ensuring overall objectives relating to consistency of standards and customer service are achieved; and 4) integrating services across the MHN care continuum.Work involves considerable collaboration with the leadership of a variety of functions/entities (e. g. Infection Prevention, Clinical Service Lines, Care Management, Accreditation, Patient Safety, MHN Medical Groups, etc.) and other identified stakeholders to lead all aspects of quality/patient safety/consumer experience in a health care environment, including patient safety/satisfaction, quality of patient care and care coordination. An incumbent utilizes considerable knowledge of change management processes, tools and methodologies, as well as knowledge of the organization s mission/quality needs and the healthcare industry in general, to influence and consult effectively on mission-critical quality-related issues. The application of diplomacy, sensitivity, conflict resolution and consensus-building skills are also central to successful performance. Work requires considerable knowledge of the specialized principles and practices related to health care management in order to evaluate and make recommendations for transformative improvements in health care delivery system(s) from a quality/patient safety/consumer experience perspective and for enhancing overall organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Performance improvement efforts cover a variety of processes, and an incumbent must have a broad knowledge base to recognize important synergies and opportunities in clinical outcomes, cost containment and patient safety and satisfaction. Work also requires the ability to interpret/explain complex clinically-credible information and outcome measures to key stakeholders and to persuade/negotiate in situations that are controversial and/or sensitive to drive authoritative decisions and convince management to take appropriate action.MHN Cultural Beliefs:Be ONEI benefit from and strengthen Mercy Health Network.Personalize CareYour experience. My responsibility.Own It!I own my actions to deliver our key results.Improve DailyI make improvements every day for those we serve including each other.InnovateI imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize health.MHN Vision Statement:Mercy Health Network will set the standard for a personalized and radically convenient system of health services.Corporate Policy Statement:It is the obligation of each employee of Mercy Health Network to comply with Mercy s mission, values, and standards of conduct, policies, procedures and related practices (e. g., Dress Code, Time and Attendance, and other policies). Essential Position Expectations:
- Leads and oversees the programs, systems, operations and resources of the assigned function to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner and in compliance with organizational values, professional standards, internal policies/standards/procedures and applicable regulatory requirements; prioritizes and implements division-wide quality improvement strategies and initiatives based on evidence-based best practices and review of clinical measures to drive performance and outcomes improvements.
- Ensures that quality objectives are addressed and achieved through the development of supportive culture (organization, processes, concerns voiced, seriously considered and actions taken) that facilitates a safe environment with respect the quality issues, timely and accurate clinical analytics (performance improvements, analytic platforms measuring results against benchmarks), content (evidence-based practices to operationalize standard, effective care practices) and frontline adoption of best practices (adoption includes educating clinicians and healthcare workers, engaging patients and collaborating with clinical leadership to drive best practice adoption).
- Develops and implements a system approach to achieving high reliability across MHN.
- Develops and implements a proactive, strategically-based, comprehensive and sustainable quality agenda for MHN that stimulates physician engagement and inter-professional collaboration, and the identification/application of evidence-based practice/management among all facilities while differentiating MHN as a high reliability organization on a national level
- Serves as the MHN clinical effectiveness consultant and educator to assist clinical and administrative leaders towards moving an agenda of quality/patient safety to the forefront of the organization and to proactively position the organization for proactively position the organization for success in incentive/penalty programs related to clinical care, patient safety and consumer experience.
- Facilitates a strategic solution that reduces clinical variation across MHN through a defined structure that aligns physicians, providers and clinicians in achieving the goal of standardization of clinical practices in key service lines and services.
- Works with market clinical leadership to develop and implement education/development activities with a data-based focus on quality, patient safety, consumer experience, data utilization, continuous improvement, best practices, reporting requirements and regulatory compliance; supports the focused development of quality measures that enhance and improve the ability to evaluate and improve care.
- Facilitates the creation of a culture of patient safety and quality, in conjunction with clinical analytics, evidence-based practices and adoption of practices essential to achieving healthcare transformation; pulls together multidisciplinary teams that will work together to ensure adoption and sustained compliance with best practices.
- Serves as the primary liaison with MHN and its Members for clinical quality, patient safety and consumer experience.Education: Master s degree in aclinical discipline, health care administration, or business. Experience:7 years of clinicalor quality experienceCertifications &Licenses:CurrentMD or nursing license; Certification as a Certified Professional in HealthcareQuality (CPHQ) is strongly preferred.
Keywords: Catholic Health Initiatives, West Des Moines , Div VP- Chief Clinical Officer, Healthcare , West Des Moines, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!